Heading into surgery on 5/25/21

Good news. Picked this up from2610

Craigslist. It’s used but works and is very light and very welcome especially since I began PT! ROM exercises. And I actually have ROM! Secretly I was afraid I’d barely be able to move it bc no one I know has the shape of plates I do and even the PT admitted he’d never seen them before.

Also, more docs were submitted to STD (which ends 8/6/21) and LTD. The insurance co. nurse approved everything. I also saw my surgeon gave insurance a tentative return to work date of end of September. But he said it’s very tentative. That would be 4.5 mos. I’d love it if I walked pretty well by then, could drive, and carry things.

And I actually have ROM! Secretly I was afraid I’d barely be able to move it bc no one I know has the shape of plates I do and even the PT admitted he’d never seen them before.

Also, more docs were submitted to STD (which ends 8/6/21) and LTD. The insurance co. nurse approved everything. I also saw my surgeon gave insurance a tentative return to work date of end of September. But he said it’s very tentative. That would be 4.5 mos. I’d love it if I walked pretty well by then, could drive, and carry things.
Great update.

Any thoughts on how I can put on weight? I lost 15lbs. during this whole thing and am now at about an 18.5 BMI and have to pick it up. I added bread for lunch to make a sandwich. And I'm going to add another sandwich later in the day. Will the Muscle Milk I have (but don't need any longer since I'm eating) help? Will that help me gain some weight do you think? Or something more like Boost? This is odd for me as I'm sure it is for most of us. I appreciate any suggestions.

Any thoughts on how I can put on weight? I lost 15lbs. during this whole thing and am now at about an 18.5 BMI and have to pick it up. I added bread for lunch to make a sandwich. And I'm going to add another sandwich later in the day. Will the Muscle Milk I have (but don't need any longer since I'm eating) help? Will that help me gain some weight do you think? Or something more like Boost? This is odd for me as I'm sure it is for most of us. I appreciate any suggestions.
Maybe make a snack of 1-2 Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. The real ones, not the sugar free.

I added bread for lunch to make a sandwich.

how about adding bread before bed time? peanut butter toast? I'm trying to think about what is the OPPOSITE of what I do to lose weight, lol.

Last edited:
how about adding bread before bed time? peanut butter toast? I'm trying to think about what is the OPPOSITE of what I do to lose weight, lol.
We’re on the same wavelength, I think. I added a grilled cheese sandwich last night and will continue with 2 sandwiches a day. It’s so odd for me, too. I rarely eat carbs (especially during the day). I’m a pretty regimented eater so doing this is an anathema to me. :)

Walked today!

25% of body weight in one of those heavy boots, but it was walking. Using a walker and/or forearm crutches, of course. This is a long process. Probably a couple of months but I walked for the first time since 5/7/21. I was nervous but very excited. That’s it for today, though. I’m exhausted. Iced down even though thankfully, I had very little swelling after the injury and surgery so I’m hoping it’s true for walking. Back to the knee scooter till tomorrow then I’ll walk for part of the day again in my apt.

No discussion about driving until i see him in September even though it’s my left ankle. I’m disappointed but I understand. If I had to slam on the brakes I might use both feet just by reflex and that would not be a good idea.

Attachments

• E3821BAA-58F8-46F7-AE10-5F1E90A4262E.jpeg
    E3821BAA-58F8-46F7-AE10-5F1E90A4262E.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back