Happy Valentine's Day!

newanatomy

:26795713::001_icon16::37131418:My goal for today is to not eat anything that will make me sorry. I am cooking for my wonderful hubby and two other couples.

I am four weeks post-op today so still fairly limited in what I can eat. I am going to have some shrimp with béarnaise tonight. Everyone else is getting: For starters a hot artichoke and spinach cheesy dip; main course is fillet mignon, shrimp, asparagus, mushrooms with béarnaise; dessert is a homemade Boston cream pie.

I hope everyone enjoys the day!

Can I come for dinner??????

Happy Valentine's Day...we aren't doing anything special tonight...waiting toil tomorrow when it's not so zooy from all the snow we had.

:3314158:

I wasn't planning anything - I *thought* we had an agreement that our anniversary on the 4th was enough. But he just went out to "pick something up" and now I'm on the hook for at least running out to buy some cards! I'm going to have to think about cooking something special too.

We went to Whole Paycheck yesterday to buy pork belly because I'm craving chicharrones like the ones I had at JFK a couple of weeks ago - and bought a bing cherry pie. For $20, it damned well better give me an oralgasm.

Oh my:
1606977_10151957771666173_1869952159_n.jpg

Time for me to get creative.

Admission: I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I didn't want him to make a big deal of Valentine's Day because I don't like the whole "today you will appreciate each other" mandate (or, "today, you will feel badly if you're not in a relationship"), and we just had an anniversary, and I'm kind of pissed at him lately for a number of reasons (pissed at his behavior, not at his inner essence, IYKWIM). So I've been in a bit of a pout.

But I'm a hypocrite because despite all my sensible reasons for not wanting to "celebrate" Valentine's Day, I'm still tickled pink (and red and purple and white) by the flowers, which he arranged for some time ago. And I need a little push to stop dwelling (for a moment - I'm not pretending things are perfect) on what I see needs to change, and pay some attention to what I HAVE.

Balance. I don't always haz it. But I can be peeved and in love at the same time.

We ended up staying in...after a run to the grocery store (OUT of eggs).

Got two steaks (about 6 oz each) and a cake (yeah, I know...sue me...at least he also ate cake so we will stink each other out!)
We split 1 steak, the second one is another meal. Add one bite of a veggie and about an hour later, had a slice of the cake (CHOCOLATE) and HE did the cooking...it was warm enough to fire up the grill. :grillinsmiley: Okay, so it shows burgers not steak but you get the idea.

He asked if we should exchange cards...I said no, I'd rather split a steak!

Latest posts

Back