A day's worth of food?

newanatomy

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wei...plus-pounds/ar-AAgXY79?ocid=spartanntp#page=1

A typical day's meals:

--Breakfast: a protein bar with 20 grams of protein or more, plus a banana on workout days

--Lunch: tuna salad with a side salad of mixed greens and tomatoes with aged balsamic vinegar

--Snack: cucumber slices with a tablespoon of hummus

--Dinner: salmon or crockpot chicken with a side of spinach or avocado

--Dessert: kid-sized cup of frozen yogurt

A typical day's meals:

--Breakfast: fruit smoothie with some spinach or kale and a scoop of protein

--Snack: granola bar

--Lunch: jerk chicken with homemade cauliflower rice

--Dinner: baked chicken with broccoli and brown rice

--Snack: ¼ cup of peanuts or cashews

I can't believe how little they are eating! This would be breakfast for a lot of DS'rs. I think I would rather be fat than to eat like this all the time. I am so glad I had the DS. I need real food in real amounts to feel satisfied.

I wonder what they would say if a bunch of DS'ers commented with THEIR daily meals and how much we've lost. Probably make their heads explode.

--Pre-workout breakfast: coffee and a banana or two dates covered in coconut

--Post-workout breakfast: coffee, a bowl of fruit, and two poached eggs

--Lunch: an apple with two tablespoons of almond butter and a few sticks of celery

--Snack: a stalk of bok choy and a carrot

--Dinner: Cobb salad with a few tweaks (turkey instead of ham and bacon; hold the cheese and croutons; oil and vinegar on the side)

--Snack: cucumber slices or pickles

I think this lady's meal plan sounds the worst!

--Pre-workout breakfast: coffee and a banana or two dates covered in coconut

--Post-workout breakfast: coffee, a bowl of fruit, and two poached eggs

--Lunch: an apple with two tablespoons of almond butter and a few sticks of celery

--Snack: a stalk of bok choy and a carrot

--Dinner: Cobb salad with a few tweaks (turkey instead of ham and bacon; hold the cheese and croutons; oil and vinegar on the side)

--Snack: cucumber slices or pickles

I think this lady's meal plan sounds the worst!

I agree!

I sure am glad I had the DS and can eat whatever I want and know I will be okay. May have to pull back on somethings but I can eat until full and know I am not going to be a fat asx. Fuck dieting and praise my DS.

We had tapas for lunch at work for a celebration, and it was so nice to nibble away on a lot of meaty things (I could eat a whole leg of Iberian ham, given time, I'm sure!) and not have to even think about where the loo was (crapband strategy no. 1). I also just did a general 'yep, protein' check without giving much thought to it beyond that. It was great!

We had tapas for lunch at work for a celebration, and it was so nice to nibble away on a lot of meaty things (I could eat a whole leg of Iberian ham, given time, I'm sure!) and not have to even think about where the loo was (crapband strategy no. 1). I also just did a general 'yep, protein' check without giving much thought to it beyond that. It was great!

You are doing so well at 3 months out!

I eat what I want, basically, once I get the protein in - completely "normal" meals. I could cut down carbs and lose some weight, but I'm fine with being a 12/14 - it fits my skin well, looks better than the 8/10 I dropped to initially and worlds better than the size 30 I was at the top end. I love the DS!

Latest posts

Back