Get larger variety of probiotics through food sources

I only discovered clotted cream when we stayed at a fancy inn a year or so back, but can't find it since. If I could afford to, I'd just stay at that inn and let them feed me.

English cheese is another matter altogether. I have discovered where to get it, and it would be dangerous to get between it and me.

So much of this stuff is easy to do yourself. Google how to make mozz, ricotta, sour cream, yogurt, and cream cheese!

Real cream cheese is to die for and takes no time at all!

This is so easy! All you need is a fermentation crock with a water seal.
This is true. Fermenting sauerkraut can smell a little funky, but if you're willing to give it a try at home, you might find you enjoy doing it.

Long ago in Germany, I had the joy of being a guest in the home of an old woman who made her own sauerkraut. It was the most delicious thing imaginable (if you like sauerkraut).

I'm all excited to discover that Bubbie's pickles are sold in a couple of places I pass regularly in my travels!:ngbbs450d0391e9c80:
I don't view them as an expensive food, but if you compare the price to regular pickles, there may be a little sticker shock.

Actually, it's not too horrible. They didn't have the original koshers in stock, so I ordered a half case of the 32 oz. size. Also got one jar of kraut, which they had in stock, and am hoping I'll tolerate it where I don't tolerate much "regular" sauerkraut any more, at least not in combination with kielbasa.

I got my pickles today and they are fantabulous!!! Opened the first jar as soon as I got in the car (I bought half a case because they had to special order), spilled pickle juice on my jeans, and started chomping. MMMMMMM!

Later in the afternoon, I headed to the bottom end of NJ for my evening class. News of a very long traffic jam on the interstate led me to take the turnpike and then wind my way through several miles of South Jersey storefronts. To my delight, I found a true Polish deli. OMG you should have seen all the different variations on kielbasa!

They had TONS of true fermented sauerkraut and pickles--quite a lot cheaper than Bubbies. Yay :). I know where I'll be going when I finish off the six jars I got today.

Icing on the cake: TWO thrift shops within a block of the place!

Sigh. We don't have a real deli within 60 miles of here. I'd have to go to Seattle. Finding a good deli is almost always a goal when we travel to larger cities.

I gave in and ordered a 10gallon lidded crock to make as many pickles as I want. I crammed all sorts of veggies in there as soon as it arrived, but they aren't ready yet and it's killing me. More Bubbies to tide me over.

Latest posts

Back