For what sorts of reasons have veterans had to seek treatment...?

For what sorts of reasons have veterans had to seek treatment...?

• Malnutrition

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Gallbladder

• kidney stones/disease

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • UTI/urinary tract issues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Constipation/bowel troubles

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • dehydration

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • GYN issues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Headaches/neurological

• Total voters
I had to have my gallbladder out six months after my DS. Suspect it had been bad since I was 14 but the rapid weight loss made it obvious.

I have osteoporosis but mine is age/genetics more than DS. My Mother had a dowager's hump and shrunk 3 inches

I have Secondary RLS that is an issue if my ferritin or iron sat % gets too low.
I am on the books to have my gallbladder out, as long as things progress well and I don't have to be under too long. I do hope he does, because i have had intermittent trouble for years- but never enough to have it removed.

Kidney stones -- LOTS of kidney stones. My kidneys are calcium oxalate pinatas. But I had one a year before DS and three stones 37 years (!) before that. The issue is improper calcium absorption caused part by bad genes, part by DS and part by PPIs (or H2 blockers) as they impair calcium absorption as well. [A kidney stone researcher said he didn't feel a DS would cause kidney stones unless you are genetically meant to have kidney stones.] Prevention is drinking about 105 ounces a day.
Good to know about the PPIs and the calcium.....I am on one as well. But my GERD is pretty mild long as avoid caffeine and chocolate

If you add "none" and/or "none of the above" for me, that's what I would check. I have health issues, but all are due to pre-existing conditions / having previously been SMO / cancer / procedures other than DS, and none are on the list. DS has only made me thinner / healthier.

Latest posts

Back