For my NEXT trick…

the luxury model, I assume, with the blow dry?

good for you not asking permission - you're paying for the use of that toilet seat, you can attach things to it all you want. :ROFLMAO:

I thought I posted this last night…

No… DianaCox is the one with the luxury bidet seat. I think hers plays Ode to Joy

or

O Fortuna (Carmina Burana)

each time she flushes.

Oof - I’ve been summoned!

If I were adding on deluxe features to my toidy, music would not be one of them .

FYI, should any of you ever decide to upgrade your life significantly for not that much money do not buy the hi-“end” features, starting with the dryer, which is a worthless expensive one. It is not a hand dryer in the public bathroom type of dryer fan - it’s a barely detectable gentle breath. Nobody has time for that. Pat dry with a few squares of TP. DO get the kind that warms the water, pulses with an adjustable strength of stream to take care of all the sticky issues, and HAS A REMOTE CONTROL! Most of the ones that have the controls attached on the side are both annoying and unsanitary, especially if your hips are at all wide - your asscheek will be on the controls. And every flush will get aerosolized “particles” on the control pad.

good info, Diana, and LOL at Ode to Joy! :ROFLMAO:

I used to have a cat who took a victory lap everytime she took a dump in the litterbox and it's the same celebratory mood over a Job Well Done.

As of today, “the tumor guy” fired me as a patient because I don’t need him. He reviewed all the imaging since April and decided that nothing had changed except the date.

So now I have to figure out how to deal with this likely torn rotator cuff. It hurts.

ShrinkingMyTiara In a different thread, you mentioned PT for yours. What can you share about that process?

As of today, “the tumor guy” fired me as a patient because I don’t need him. He reviewed all the imaging since April and decided that nothing had changed except the date.

So now I have to figure out how to deal with this likely torn rotator cuff. It hurts.

ShrinkingMyTiara In a different thread, you mentioned PT for yours. What can you share about that process?
Congrats on being fired by the tumor guy. That is wonderful news! Hope the rotator cuff heals swiftly.

Yay for being fired by the tumor guy!!

I started PT in April for what the orthopedist said was "bursitis". All I knew was my arm hurt like a bitch. We did a lot of arm strengthening exercises and ones to strengthen the muscles that work the shoulder (like lifting little weights overhead, stretching my arm up the wall as far as I could with a weight, etc...) the idea being if the muscles all worked together the pain would ease. It didn't. They did a steroid injection into the bursa. It felt better for 2 weeks then the pain came back. I went back to PT. We did more exercises. Then my elbow started hurting like my shoulder. They said "tennis elbow" and gave IT a steroid injection. That one actually worked!

But meanwhile the shoulder started to hurt worse, constantly. The PT was mystified, he said my muscles were all getting stronger, so the pain should be improving not getting worse. He said in his career he's seen a few people who needed a second injection, but he was concerned there was something else going on. So I went back to the Ortho and complained, loudly, and insisted they do an MRI. By this point I could only sleep with my arm braced against my chest, any other position was agony.

MRI came back with an 80% tear in the rotator cuff, damage to the bicep, and bone spurs! Plus arthritis, but I expected that, I have it everywhere. They immediately banned me from PT (to prevent further tearing) and said surgery had to be scheduled ASAP. So I cancelled my trip to New Zealand, moved up the DS surgery, and have been waiting, and it still isn't scheduled. I sent them a love letter today. :ROFLMAO:

The Ortho surgeon told me that the recovery process from this surgery is rather grueling. For the first month or two they'll do passive movement exercises in PT, meaning they'll move my arm for me, because it is still healing and you are in a brace for the rest of the time. Once you can move it they'll slowly start the exercises to gain strength. This has to be done really gradually because you risk another injury in the early months. The first three months are the most painful and you don't want to travel and disrupt therapy during this time. He said to expect it to take a full year of PT to get back to normal, or as close to normal as I'm ever going to get, as sometimes you never regain full use/full strength. I know others who have had the surgery, some agree with this, some say they did more like 6 months, my guess is it varies by person and by doctor, like everything.

Have they done imaging to find out if it is a rotator cuff tear? It took 6 months for me to get that stupid MRI. My advice to anyone is to hound the doctor until they do useful testing. I had few of the classic signs of a rotator cuff tear upon examination. Small tears sometimes heal themselves, larger ones can't. But there are a number of things that can cause those symptoms too, I wish they'd done the MRI sooner!

Why can‘t You take NSAIDS? As DSers, we can once healed. But some people do have other reasons.
About 7 years ago I had ulcerations of the small intestines caused by my autoimmune disease. Crohn's-like but not Crohn's. Autoimmune Enteropathy is what I think they labeled it. The Gastro was concerned about erosion and perforation, so she took me off NSAIDs and decided it would be safest if I didn't take them again. I've always gotten a sore stomach when I take them so I figured I was probably one of those sensitive people to begin with.

Ohhh, I forgot. The best thing for the pain is an anti-inflammatory if you can take them (I can't sadly), and ICE!! Lots and lots of icing the shoulder.

Right now pain meds are themselves a pain. My PCP writes me an Rx for 10mg oxycodon, q6 hrs…so 40 mg/day. But it only works for about two hours and it’s too strong for me when it DOES ŵork. I spend too much time in pain and too much time crapped out. I have SO MUCH to do left over from moving, but I can’t do it. I’d LIKE TO TAKE 7.5 mg, +/- q4-5 hrs…actually only 37.5mg/day. I can do that by cutting up pills, but she won’t prescribe them that way. So I sit here like a druggie (which technically, I am) cutting pills into little pieces.

Originally, that was for arthritis, osteoporosis, back pain, SOME of the bladder stuff. For the past several months, though, the shoulder has been the big deal. If I stretch my arm out in front of me, I cannot raise it to shoulder height w/o substantial pain. It is an uncomfortable, limiting nuisance…on a good day.

I also add Voltaren, cannabis topicals and ibuprofen or Tylenol on a WFT-maybe-this-will-help basis.

Last edited:
Yay for being fired by the tumor guy!!

I started PT in April for what the orthopedist said was "bursitis". All I knew was my arm hurt like a bitch. We did a lot of arm strengthening exercises and ones to strengthen the muscles that work the shoulder (like lifting little weights overhead, stretching my arm up the wall as far as I could with a weight, etc...) the idea being if the muscles all worked together the pain would ease. It didn't. They did a steroid injection into the bursa. It felt better for 2 weeks then the pain came back. I went back to PT. We did more exercises. Then my elbow started hurting like my shoulder. They said "tennis elbow" and gave IT a steroid injection. That one actually worked!

But meanwhile the shoulder started to hurt worse, constantly. The PT was mystified, he said my muscles were all getting stronger, so the pain should be improving not getting worse. He said in his career he's seen a few people who needed a second injection, but he was concerned there was something else going on. So I went back to the Ortho and complained, loudly, and insisted they do an MRI. By this point I could only sleep with my arm braced against my chest, any other position was agony.

MRI came back with an 80% tear in the rotator cuff, damage to the bicep, and bone spurs! Plus arthritis, but I expected that, I have it everywhere. They immediately banned me from PT (to prevent further tearing) and said surgery had to be scheduled ASAP. So I cancelled my trip to New Zealand, moved up the DS surgery, and have been waiting, and it still isn't scheduled. I sent them a love letter today. :ROFLMAO:

The Ortho surgeon told me that the recovery process from this surgery is rather grueling. For the first month or two they'll do passive movement exercises in PT, meaning they'll move my arm for me, because it is still healing and you are in a brace for the rest of the time. Once you can move it they'll slowly start the exercises to gain strength. This has to be done really gradually because you risk another injury in the early months. The first three months are the most painful and you don't want to travel and disrupt therapy during this time. He said to expect it to take a full year of PT to get back to normal, or as close to normal as I'm ever going to get, as sometimes you never regain full use/full strength. I know others who have had the surgery, some agree with this, some say they did more like 6 months, my guess is it varies by person and by doctor, like everything.

Have they done imaging to find out if it is a rotator cuff tear? It took 6 months for me to get that stupid MRI. My advice to anyone is to hound the doctor until they do useful testing. I had few of the classic signs of a rotator cuff tear upon examination. Small tears sometimes heal themselves, larger ones can't. But there are a number of things that can cause those symptoms too, I wish they'd done the MRI sooner!
Thank you so much! The tumor guy was focused on a potential neoplasm and KIND OF ignored the other issue because it wasn’t something in his area of expertise.

Last edited:
The Gastro was concerned about erosion and perforation, so she took me off NSAIDs and decided it would be safest if I didn't take them again. I've always gotten a sore stomach when I take them so I figured I was probably one of those sensitive people to begin with.
That makes perfect sense then. I had a bout of gastritis about two years ago so regular NSAIDS are no longer advisable but they okayed Celebrex for my back pain. It helps. They also allow me topical Voltaren. The reason I asked is many newbies are told by their surgeons the general RNY advice of no NSAIDS. But not everyone can take them in the normal population anyway.

That makes perfect sense then. I had a bout of gastritis about two years ago so regular NSAIDS are no longer advisable but they okayed Celebrex for my back pain. It helps. They also allow me topical Voltaren. The reason I asked is many newbies are told by their surgeons the general RNY advice of no NSAIDS. But not everyone can take them in the normal population anyway.
Like sugar alcohols.

Latest posts

Back