For my NEXT trick…

Right now pain meds are themselves a pain. My PCP writes me an Rx for 10mg oxycodon, q6 hrs…so 40 mg/day. But it only works for about two hours and it’s too strong for me when it DOES ŵork. I spend too much time in pain and too much time crapped out. I have SO MUCH to do left over from moving, but I can’t do it. I’d LIKE TO TAKE 7.5 mg, +/- q4-5 hrs…actually only 37.5mg/day. I can do that by cutting up pills, but she won’t prescribe them that way. So I sit here like a druggie (which technically, I am) cutting pills into little pieces.

Originally, that was for arthritis, osteoporosis, back pain, SOME of the bladder stuff. For the past several months, though, the shoulder has been the big deal. If I stretch my arm out in front of me, I cannot raise it to shoulder height w/o substantial pain. It is an uncomfortable, limiting nuisance…on a good day.

I also add Voltaren, cannabis topicals and ibuprofen or Tylenol on a WFT-maybe-this-will-help basis.

I'm sorry you are suffering. Maybe swimming/floating and PT will help long run?

As of today, “the tumor guy” fired me as a patient because I don’t need him. He reviewed all the imaging since April and decided that nothing had changed except the date.

So now I have to figure out how to deal with this likely torn rotator cuff. It hurts.

ShrinkingMyTiara In a different thread, you mentioned PT for yours. What can you share about that process?
I have one. An MRI confirmed it. It’s not uncommon as one ages. We agreed to try 6 weeks of PT and if that didn’t help, I’d take a shot. Unfortunately, I still have so much PT to do for my ankles, I’m going to pass on the shoulder PT and just get the shot. My suggestion would be to see a shoulder surgeon.

Latest posts

Back