For my NEXT trick…

Spiky Bugger

The tumor dude at the world-renown cancer center says he doesn’t know what the funny looking thing in my humerus is. And he’s usually pretty good at figuring that out. (I even ASKED him.)

My options are:
•Keep dropping by, maybe every three months, and have X-rays and MRIs. If nothing ever changes, it’s likely “a cartilage tumor,” and most of those are non-cancerous. If something changes, in a bad way, then the cancer would have to be treated.
OR…
•Get a biopsy of that “thing.” It could establish that it’s benign or be the info needed to start treatment of some kind. The “tool” used is about the diameter of a pencil. He said, “You won’t feel any pain and you won’t remember any of the procedure.” Then I asked, “When I get home and those drugs wear off, will I be calling you names?” He said I probably would, for a week or ten days.

Which would you choose? (I have excellent insurance and probably won’t have to pay anything for either choice.)

Last edited:
well, two of the smartest people around agreed. I agree with them because I'd be worried, but if you can live with no biopsy than don't do it.

now, what are you going to do?

I told him to go ahead and schedule it…but give me time to get my iron infusions and up my Vit K, because I don’t need to go into even a small surgery with anemia and blood that takes twice as long as normal to clot.

Besides, it gives me time to weasel out…lol!

sounds like a smart plan.

Oh! And my beloved MrSue will need to install a bidet seat attachment to our toilet here. I don’t know if it’s allowed, but I find it easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Meanwhile, I guess I have to practice my potty skills left handed.

MEANWHILE! My infusions have been pending for two weeks. I ask and am told that I need a dental clearance. (From the dentist I haven’t seen in two years or the one I haven’t seen in four years? Oh! That’s for the osteoporosis treatment…entirely different doctor/condition.)

Today I’m told it’s a non-preferred drug on my formulary. My insurance says not only have they NOT received a request but that’s a Medicare Part B thing, not related to the Rx formulary.

Still on hold. Insurance ALSO says Injectafer was approved in January THROUGH January 2024. If I’ve used up the 1500 units, all they have to do is submit for an increase.

What the almighty F?

Latest posts

Back