Different reactions eating certain things on an empty stomach

Aftermath

Hi there!

I’ve been experimenting with my breakfast options lately and find that my body reactions vary depending on the food, time of day, and combination of food.

example: I had hard boiled eggs this morning (plain, salt only) that sent me running to the restroom within an hour. I typically snack on eggs so this was a strange one to me and what inspired me to post.

dairy is a hit or miss - some days I can start the day off with cheese, other days it’s a no-go. By midday, I can have string cheese or milk without issue.

same thing happens with higher fat items (such as bacon) in the morning vs the afternoon.

does this happen to anyone else? I’ve recently returned to the office which is why my breakfast options are changing and would rather not have to hit the restroom 3+ times after just getting in

anyone have any ideas as to how to limit this type of reaction? I find that having toast or rice helps, however I’ve been sitting at the higher end of my 10-pound weight range for a couple weeks and I’m sure that my carb increase is the reason for that.

thanks for the help!

All I can say is keep trying. I have a morning routine that only changes if I have lab work. First breakfast is a yogurt, a cup of A2 milk, reg milk kills my stomach, and a large butter & hwc coffee. I can’t handle the smell of most breakfast foods first thing. An couple of hours later, I’m fine.

Hello! What comes to mind for me is that maybe it is not the food, but the beverage? Are you drinking a lot of coffee in the morning, not so much in the afternoon? Coffee can get things moving, as it were.

I start my day off with my probiotic, really before I even brush my teeth or shower. It is that important.
Almost all my pooping happens in the first hours after I get up. So it may be 5 or 6 times, and I mean healthy poops. Wake up.. poop.... shower poop..... dry my hair poop........ put on makeup poop.... make lunch poop........ when all the poop is gone I walk out the door with my premier protien shake which I drink during commute. By the time I get to work I can eat anything I want for a lite breakfast or snack. If I try to skip the shake on a weekend I usually feel kind of yucky.
Luckily I rarely poop the rest of the day. I consider myself very lucky.
I hope this is not TMI, but it works great for me.
I tell my husband that when they did my surgery they put a little gremlin in my stomach before they sewed it up. His job is to manage waste. He works the graveyard shift while I sleep. If he gets woken up in the middle of the day it is a bad day. Probiotics are his pay for doing a good job . If the gremlin is happy everyone is happy .

I start my day off with my probiotic, really before I even brush my teeth or shower. It is that important.
Almost all my pooping happens in the first hours after I get up. So it may be 5 or 6 times, and I mean healthy poops. Wake up.. poop.... shower poop..... dry my hair poop........ put on makeup poop.... make lunch ........ when all the is gone I walk out the door with my premier protien shake which I drink during commute. By the time I get to work I can eat anything I want for a lite breakfast or snack. If I try to skip the shake on a weekend I usually feel kind of yucky.
Luckily I rarely the rest of the day. I consider myself very lucky.
I hope this is not TMI, but it works great for me.
I tell my husband that when they did my surgery they put a little gremlin in my stomach before they sewed it up. His job is to manage waste. He works the graveyard shift while I sleep. If he gets woken up in the middle of the day it is a bad day. Probiotics are his pay for doing a good job . If the gremlin is happy everyone is happy .
Sorry. There were a few instances where I used the poop emoji and it did not show up, so if it looks like there should be poop somewhere. You are probably right. Lol

Yes... my morning routine is similar to justme222, minus the makeup.
Alas, the rest of the day is not free from a disturbance in the force.

Two things induce poop... sleep and exercise. Sleep is easy, just stay near a bathroom till done. Exercise, done out doors ( think long walk) is a bit harder to manage

As to variable reaction to food, my best guess is it depends on what's going on in the microbiota of the intestine. The reaction varies with the day, not the food. There's probably a variation in the microbiota community ( think of the predator prey relation with oscillations between innocuous and harmful microbiota)

From what I remember of the logistics equation, which describes the oscillation, sometimes it's periodic, meaning predictable, other times chaotic . It's the chaotic response that makes life so difficult.

I honestly don't know what to do about it, except to try to be aware of what's going on inside ( sounds silly, but just like you have a sense of your body orientation, proprioception, you have a sense of your bowel, let's call it proprio..poop..tion).

Would that there was a pill for it, even immodium cannot be relied on.

Latest posts

Back