Covid Vaccination?

I got my vaccination at Walgreen's (Pfizer) and DH got his at Sam's (Moderna). We chose our respective sites due to convenience. I suppose we could have consulted facilities which vaccine was being used, yet we just wanted to get vaccinated. Neither one of us had reactions to our first shot. My arm was a little sore at the site, yet I only noticed it when I went to bed and was on my side. DH, was not as lucky. He ran a very slight fever and joint/muscles aches & pains.

I thought this was funny because, in some circles where people are idiots, people are trying to claim superiority based on the brand. I reckon when all the dust settles, Johnson & Johnson will get the Spoils of War. (Joke!)

In all seriousness, I really don't care which vaccine anyone gets. And while I understand the reluctance of some based on doctor recommendation or legitimate research, I want to strangle those who refuse to get it because "Why get a vaccine for something that doesn't exist?" Further thoughts will not be posted due to the location of this thread.

ETA My arm was sore after the second shot and DH's reaction was after his second shot. My first comment didn't seen be clear when I re-read it.

Last edited:
I get my second dose Tuesday and then half of our household is vaccinated. My son is 14 and Dallas County is signing up 12-15 year olds for a waitlist when the vaccine becomes available for his age group. I will be happy when we are all vaccinated and can resume something other than staying home all the time!

My siblings and I are split between Pfizer and Moderna. So far no one has had any reaction except yours truly. My arm ached for about 3 days after the first dose. I have my 2nd Moderna dose next Monday.

My siblings and I are split between Pfizer and Moderna. So far no one has had any reaction except yours truly. My arm ached for about 3 days after the first dose. I have my 2nd Moderna dose next Monday.
Just be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. My second Moderna shot was “harder” than my first but neither were that hard. However, a friend of mine, who had Covid back in late Jan said her first Moderna shot really walloped her.

Just be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. My second Moderna shot was “harder” than my first but neither were that hard. However, a friend of mine, who had Covid back in late Jan said her first Moderna shot really walloped her.

I had Pfizer and my first one was rough. I think it was a combination of having chronic pain already plus being on my period makes me more touchy about pain. Hopefully my second one goes like your friend’s but I am prepared to stay home.

...I thought this was funny because, in some circles where people are idiots, people are trying to claim superiority based on the brand. I reckon when all the dust settles, Johnson & Johnson will get the Spoils of War. (Joke!)...
It's becoming iPhone (blue texts) vs. others.:D

My period had started the day before my first shot and it was really heavy. But it stopped immediately after and then it just spotted for six days. It was weird. I did participate in a study about menstrual cycles and vaccinations. I do wonder what my next one will be like though.

I do hurt all over though and feel yucky from the second shot.

My period had started the day before my first shot and it was really heavy. But it stopped immediately after and then it just spotted for six days. It was weird. I did participate in a study about menstrual cycles and vaccinations. I do wonder what my next one will be like though.

I do hurt all over though and feel yucky from the second shot.
I'm sorry you're going through that. It's amazing to see diseases affect our bodies and vice versa. I never would have thought obesity is a risk factor for Covid. I'm not curious enough to search for more articles. My friend who died was morbidly obese and it hurts enough to know that may contributed to his death. I really don't want to know much in depth.

Please let us know how you feel after the second shot.

Latest posts

Back