Covid Vaccination?

The loss is bad enough but not being able to observe the rituals (funerals, wakes) makes it seem particularly cruel. I never realized how important those rituals are to the grieving process. Not being able to visit or comfort those who are transitioning is just heartbreaking! I am so over this. I just don’t know how much more I can bear.

I hate seeing all these people who refuse to wear a mask. I keep thinking how many lives are they putting at risk because of that stupidity. People are losing their lives. Let’s get this virus under control! I am just so tired of this.

The loss is bad enough but not being able to observe the rituals (funerals, wakes) makes it seem particularly cruel. I never realized how important those rituals are to the grieving process. Not being able to visit or comfort those who are transitioning is just heartbreaking! I am so over this. I just don’t know how much more I can bear.

I hate seeing all these people who refuse to wear a mask. I keep thinking how many lives are they putting at risk because of that stupidity. People are losing their lives. Let’s get this virus under control! I am just so tired of this.
Yes, it's so incredibly heartbreaking. I'm planning to go to Ohio in June, yet I'm still a bit nervous to travel. Just when I start to be a bit optimistic about this mess, I read about a new mutation. I get my second dose on April 15. I don't feel comforted.
Nothing can take the place of a honest to God hug, but I send you a virtual one until you can gather for real ones.

MsVee : I’m so sorry for your multiple losses. I can’t imagine how not only sorrowful but also angry I would be in your situation. ❤❤❤
~~~~~~
My family and I have had several losses in the last year as well, but in contrast to your experience, not one has been from Covid, although of course their passing has been affected by Covid.

My cousin died last March in hospice in NYC, from cancer that had metastasized to her brain. But none of her family could be with her at the end - when they put her in hospice in January, nobody could imagine that that would happen. I don’t believe her death was from Covid, but given what was going on in NYC at the time, who knows

My uncle by marriage died in August in FL, after spending the last 6+ months isolated between a nursing home and hospital, unable to be with my aunt or their children and grandchildren. He had bone cancer that had spread to his spine, and his wife and daughter couldn’t take care of him - once he was out of the house, he couldn’t come home. My aunt was also recovering from treatment for uterine cancer, especially when he got a mild case of Covid. At least his wife got to to spend a little time with him after he was moved to hospice before he died.

My oldest friend since we were 10 years old died from a very aggressive form of atypical Parkinson’s on Christmas Eve. Covid prevented me from traveling to see her, as she died under hospice care at her sister’s house in Reno.

In February, my aunt who lost her husband in August started feeling poorly. The cancer was back and had metastasized to her omentum. Within weeks she was gone. She died the same day she was moved into hospice.

Two days later, my father’s first cousin, who had been very ill with pemphigus and in and out of the hospital and SNFs, passed from her illness.

No funerals, except on Zoom. I actually like Zoom funerals better than IRL ones.
The truth is no matter the cause of death losing those we love is still tragic. This year has just been tough. Thank you all for letting me vent.

Finally managed to get an appointment for the vaccine. It is next Thursday at 3:00. My Aunt made us all promise to get the vaccine when my cousin passed from COVID-19 but scheduling was difficult. I was still nervous about it but committed to getting the vaccine.

My sister’s sister in law passed away yesterday from the virus. My sister talked to her at least twice a week. She mentioned she had a cold during their last conversation. My sister‘s nephew answered her phone and said his Mom was not feeling well. Her son called my sister to say she was in hospital and Covid-19 positive. Yesterday he called to say she passed away. We are all shook. She was social distancing and appeared to be following the COVID-19 protocols.

I am so sick of this. I have lost too many friends, neighbors, and family members. I am tired of living in a “bubble”. Trips to the grocery store should not elicit fear. I miss social interaction. I miss going to shows and concerts. I miss meeting friends for brunch. I guess I just miss my “old life”

I’m so sorry.

I'm very sorry to hear of your losses, Ms Vee and Diana.

I'm glad people here are getting vaccinated and I congratulate those of you who have both shots.

my friends and I who are all vaccinated have been meeting - for meals, still outside but the weather this Spring has been wonderful.

I am tired of living in a “bubble”. Trips to the grocery store should not elicit fear. I miss social interaction. I miss going to shows and concerts. I miss meeting friends for brunch. I guess I just miss my “old life”

I hope you are able to feel a lot better, soon. I still wear an N95 mask to the grocery store, but I'm no longer as stressed to be there. I go when I want to, instead of obsessing about only going when it's not busy.

there IS a light at the end of the tunnel and it's on the other side of being vaccinated.

:5grouphug:

Yesterday my sister Laura had an appointment to get her vaccine. Just to get out of the house since the weather was nice my sister Dawn and I went along for the ride. While in the car waiting for her to finish the process we both received calls asking if we could come in that day to get vaccinate. We all received our vaccines. We go back for the second dose on May 3. My arm was sore other than that no issues with the vaccine.

Thank you for the support. I get so much from this community. I am truly grateful for a place to share my concerns and fears especially during the pandemic.

Liam and I received our J&J vaccines on Thursday. I had fevers, chills, dizziness that peaked Friday night and were gone Saturday. My arm is still sore. He always feels sick, so he couldn't feel much of a difference, though his arm was sore and he did think possibly that his vertigo was a bit heightened.

Charles is scheduled for his first shot Tuesday . Now we just have to find a way to get Hannah an appointment, but she's 14 and currently our county is only allowing scheduling for 16+.

Good progress. More to go!

Latest posts

Back