Burgers

Hamburger was one of the few meats that sat well for me early out as long as there was enough lube on it :D Hello Mayo! I love in and out but since I live in minnesota I am stuck wishing and hoping knowing it will never happen unless I head west again. For me Five guys is a close second on how good the burgers are.

I never ate there (for obvious reasons) but I drove into Kentucky years ago and passed a billboard advertising a place called "Whizburger". No thanks!

Now tonight I grilled burgers. I use cowboy rub and steak rub for seasoning, I sauteed onions with garlic salt and pepper then mixed them in with the burgers. Grilled over a low heat and brushed with BBQ sauce on one side before the last turn. Hamburgers are so hard on my tummy and so happy in my mouth LOL. I can eat like a truck driver but give me solid hamburgeer and I eat like a toddler... I don't understand why I can polish of a good steak but not a good burger...

I never ate there (for obvious reasons) but I drove into Kentucky years ago and passed a billboard advertising a place called "Whizburger". No thanks!

Now tonight I grilled burgers. I use cowboy rub and steak rub for seasoning, I sauteed onions with garlic salt and pepper then mixed them in with the burgers. Grilled over a low heat and brushed with BBQ sauce on one side before the last turn. Hamburgers are so hard on my tummy and so happy in my mouth LOL. I can eat like a truck driver but give me solid hamburgeer and I eat like a toddler... I don't understand why I can polish of a good steak but not a good burger...
I feel the same way about burgers/chop meat. I eat them, but it's probably the thing I struggle with the most. The texture throws me off sometimes and it always sits very heavy. Sometimes I wonder if it's because of not having a bun that I just notice the texture of the meat more? I dunno, but I have no trouble with steak and grilled chicken breast, though.

The best burgers to go down are fatty meat. In canada our chains are different. A+W has a prime rib burger that slides down. When I make my own I use regular of lean ground beef mixed half and half with ground pork. And I will often add in some whole cream or sour cream. The moister the better

I eat burgers all the time. But I'm also 11 years post-op so there's really nothing I can't eat (which is definitely different than shouldn't). Just had one of the best burgers I've had in a long time at a new local chain -- Ted's Bulletin. Classic cheeseburger with carmalized onions. So juicy - ate it all expect the final two bites.

Latest posts

Back