Arms are done

LorettaLynn

Well, I had my excess arm flesh and extra armpit stuff removed last Wednesday the 27th with a Zone 4 Brachioplasty with Dr. Adam Tattlebaum in Maryland. My follow up appointment has been delayed due to snow storms and a COVID +patient at the outpatient surgery center on the same day I was there. I will be pleased when healed but OMG the pain, I keep saying I do not understand how people can become addicted to plastic surgery and have multiple painful things done. I am on a large amount of oxycodones, valiums for muscle relaxation and a antibiotic that ends today. Off work for 4 weeks. I lost 134 lbs with my DS and a lot of those pounds were in my arms.

Heal well!! Will you still sweat after or does that all get removed too?

I don’t think they like the surgery and it’s more like they like the results they get from it in their quest for their ideal of perfection. That never being satisfied with how you look can keep them in that loop too. Just from my experience watching Botched! I kind of get it though because I sure have a list of things that I would like to fix.

Wow that is exciting. I hope your pain is minimal, and your results exceed your expectations.

Sorry it is painful. You just can't stop using your arms so I guess that makes it worse. The worst of the pain should be over now though and you should feel better every day.

If I tripped over a bunch of money I would do stomach, arms, and face. Hoping hernia surgery will help me get the stomach!

For those, like me, wondering what zone 4 means, here is a reference

I'm still a bit confused though. At one point level 4 refers to the severity of treatment, at another, the subdivision of the space below the upper arm.

Can anyone clarify?

For those, like me, wondering what zone 4 means, here is a reference

I'm still a bit confused though. At one point level 4 refers to the severity of treatment, at another, the subdivision of the space below the upper arm.

Can anyone clarify?

Interesting. I would probably be classified a full on zone 2 or maybe barely a zone 3.

Hope the pain diminishes quickly from here out and that you have all kinds of sleeveless tops to don this summer to show off those arms! :)

I was scheduled for 3 surgeries in 2009, after I did fall into a bunch on money, plus my company had been acquired and I was let go, but still in the payroll for a couple of months. Face, arms, breasts and circumferential lower body lift with thighs.

I had a lower face lift, upper blepharoplasty and brachioplasty. I was going to get the lower eyelids done and refining the lower face lift with the second surgery (LBL and thighs). I could not freaking believe how much the arms hurt. Between that and the psychiatric side effects from the Reglan I was given after surgery (and likely didn’t need), I canceled the other procedures.

In 2018, I had an abdominoplasty on my insurance company’s dime in conjunction with an incisional hernia repair without mesh. I told the surgeon not to make it too tight, and it wasn’t too bad.

My neck isn’t great anymore (never was - it needed refinement then), and I still have big bags under my eyes. My arms aren’t quite the same size either. I don’t care. It hurt too much to want to fix.

Zone 4 brachioplasty starts at the elbow then comes down through the armpit area to the top of the bra sideline, if that makes any sense. My armpits had so much flesh they were always clammy and never felt clean even with multiples showers and soaps. We agreed that liposuction was not necessary because I had done all the fat removal myself and it was only deflated skin he was cutting away. When I asked what he thought it might weigh, he said maybe a pound.

I think a fleur de lis abdominoplasty would be awesome and a lot of bang for the buck with muscle repair and tightening from both horizontal and vertical directions (I could be in smaller britches and have a profile that looks less like a dude) but OMGosh the pain from this arm business makes me think I will only ever have one plastic surgery and this brachioplasty was it. Feeling like your armpits are on fire for days on heavy narcotics is not cool.

I have a follow up appointment with the surgeon tomorrow. Surgery was the 27th. Follow up was cancelled and rescheduled due to a snowstorm and a COVID + once already. Would you believe this surgeon has called me FIVE TIMES to check in on me? https://www.atcosmetics.com

Attachments

• bVwQWIflSruJbw4MKpi0WQ.jpg
    bVwQWIflSruJbw4MKpi0WQ.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 13
I was scheduled for 3 surgeries in 2009, after I did fall into a bunch on money, plus my company had been acquired and I was let go, but still in the payroll for a couple of months. Face, arms, breasts and circumferential lower body lift with thighs.

I had a lower face lift, upper blepharoplasty and brachioplasty. I was going to get the lower eyelids done and refining the lower face lift with the second surgery (LBL and thighs). I could not freaking believe how much the arms hurt. Between that and the psychiatric side effects from the Reglan I was given after surgery (and likely didn’t need), I canceled the other procedures.

In 2018, I had an abdominoplasty on my insurance company’s dime in conjunction with an incisional hernia repair without mesh. I told the surgeon not to make it too tight, and it wasn’t too bad.

My neck isn’t great anymore (never was - it needed refinement then), and I still have big bags under my eyes. My arms aren’t quite the same size either. I don’t care. It hurt too much to want to fix.
I had psychiatric problems with reglan too and now include it with my drug allergies. I thought at first it was post partum psychosis and was so afraid. They give it proactively to avoid anesthesia induced nausea but there are other drugs that can work without THIS side effect. It’s a rare side effect but when it happens to you it’s freaky!

Zone 4 brachioplasty starts at the elbow then comes down through the armpit area to the top of the bra sideline, if that makes any sense. My armpits had so much flesh they were always clammy and never felt clean even with multiples showers and soaps. We agreed that liposuction was not necessary because I had done all the fat removal myself and it was only deflated skin he was cutting away. When I asked what he thought it might weigh, he said maybe a pound.

I think a fleur de lis abdominoplasty would be awesome and a lot of bang for the buck with muscle repair and tightening from both horizontal and vertical directions (I could be in smaller britches and have a profile that looks less like a dude) but OMGosh the pain from this arm business makes me think I will only ever have one plastic surgery and this brachioplasty was it. Feeling like your armpits are on fire for days on heavy narcotics is not cool.

I have a follow up appointment with the surgeon tomorrow. Surgery was the 27th. Follow up was cancelled and rescheduled due to a snowstorm and a COVID + once already. Would you believe this surgeon has called me FIVE TIMES to check in on me? https://www.atcosmetics.com
That’s a very conscientious surgeon! But it doesn’t seem like your pain is being managed properly. If you add a benadryl and an antinausea medication you can have a little more relief. Bonine is an OTC medicine for nausea and together hopefully you will feel less burning or you’ll care less! Sorry you’re suffering though!

Latest posts

Back