Appointment with Dr. K. Monday

Good Luck to you Charris, not sure if you will be able to do this - but in addition to drinking, if you can wrap your arm in something warm and moist for about 30 minutes before you go, or ask them to do it for you then sit there and read a book or something. The warm moist brings the veins out. In the olden days, I was the person they would call for the hard sticks and I would have them wrap arms - works like a charm. Good luck!

@duh_Mom they put warm packs on there made them pop out but once in it came so slow it took 20 mins for 1 vial by then it hemolized.

@Whit was not bad. DR. K explained anything someone would want to know about the DS to my brother for about an hour.
Then he sent me to lab with an order to draw from the picc line. They couldn't so Dr. K came down and drew it. I just love that man. Not many doctors would leave their office to go draw blood.
He wants me on the TPN till Jan. 1. I got a vitamin A and D3 shot.

Totally agree about Dr. K! I take it your able to go back home which is good news indeed or is he waiting for results from blood work? It is great you have a family member that he has explained your surgery to. I pray you on the right road to recovery and a life where you can watch Toot grow into a young man!

Totally agree about Dr. K! I take it your able to go back home which is good news indeed or is he waiting for results from blood work? It is great you have a family member that he has explained your surgery to. I pray you are on the right road to recovery and a life where you can watch Toot grow into a young man!

We are lucky to have him. Amazing man. I do not have near the issues you do now. But while I was in the hospital for my revision, it was Xmas, he left his family and drove the 2 hours (his plane was in the shop) to see me. He included my terrified husband in every conversation making sure he understood what was happening. I told Steve I was going to leave him for Dr. K. He laughed and said he was going to leave me for Dr. K.

Keep us posted.
Whit

He is so awesome. When he came in he sat down on the foot stool of the patient table. I guess he didn't want to tower over us. My family are little people, im 4'11 and my brother may be about 5'4 at most.

Dr.K said I need to loose 15 to 20 pounds more at most. I need to be between 140 and 150. He told my brother in his perfect world everyone would be 10 lbs over weight so when people get sick they will be able to make it. He also told me the hysterectomy was too soon after the DS and that was when all my problems started.

I am glad you are getting such good care! I am also glad that your sweet brother is able to take you to your appointment.

Real good news, so happy you're getting what you needed! Being relatively new on this site, and seeing your posts and how much everyone was so genuinely concerned for your well-being, spoke volumes to me about the character of the folks on this site. It was at that point that I think I felt a mutual bond of commonalities, perspectives and genuine concerns that not only permeates, but actually IS the life’s blood of this site.

@robs477 yes the people on here are very caring. If you just been with this group you probably don't know how really amazing they are showing thst they care about my well being. I have a very rough time since surgery. I didn't like any of them the first time I met the group on the other board. I fought with them basically called @Elizabeth N. A B----! Eventually, since I didn't want to die, I had to put my big girl undies on an apologize because I needed their expertise. Now she is one of the first ones trying to help me. If someone called me out my name I probably wouldn't be as helpful as this group has, apology or not. Lol pray for me.

Latest posts

Back