Aging and spouses/family members

They stopped the IV on Tuesday. She hasn’t had any fluids other than mouth moisteners for over two days. Rachael Skyped with me from her room this afternoon - her breathing was becoming labored but she was completely non-responsive. She’s being given pain meds that are absorbed through the oral mucosa. If she hasn’t already passed, it surely will happen sometime today.

I’m mostly cried out. I just want her to be at peace.
I am so sorry. The waiting is so hard.

I am sorry for your loss but grateful you and your sister were able to provide a peaceful and loving transition for her. You will always have precious memories.

Diana, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to your siblings and entire family. May you find comfort in lovely memories and in knowing that she walks forward in all of your shoes.

I'm sorry. Even when we know it's coming, and that we've done all we can for our parent, it doesn't make it any easier. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I’m OK. Still crying a lot. My sister has it worse - she’s dealing with the reality and details.

We need to figure out what to do with the cremains - the cemetery where her parents were interred in the 1970s is trying to rip us off. There is a plan. It may not be strictly legally copacetic - which would please and honor our mother immensely.

Latest posts

Back