Advice from a newbie to fellow newbies: carb slide is real and dangerous

LindaDarnell

To my fellow newbies who are experiencing nausea and diarrhea (or just several bowel movements u are not sure how to handle):

You may not feel like eating ur protein. The mere thought of shakes and yogurt makes you want to gag. Looking at the smallest piece of meat makes ur stomach bubble. You are probably struggling just to drink water.

As you battle through the malaise, lethargy, and nausea....you just want something to "settle ur stomach ". So you find ursrlf resorting to old familiar standbys...crackers, bread, CARBS! First it may start with a saltine cracker..one can't hurt. Then maybe a half slice of toast. Wow...it stayed down and didnt disgust you. Before u know it, ur eating very little protein...but those carbs are sliding down very well. It seems like a small amount so what can it hurt? Alot!

This is my firsthand account of what im experiencing. Yes, Im still loosing weight but làst night I realized that Im not only relying on these old frenemies for nausea relief...but comfort as well. As im dealing with all of these changes and adjustments, that Townhouse cracker is the one thing thats not "turning on me" and still tastes familiarly good. But I have to back away because my portion sizes are steadily increasing. Today will be different. I may not get all my protein in....but broth will replace carbs. Worse case, i meet my fluid goals even if I miss my protein.

Just be careful fellow newbies bc I saw firsthand how the carb creep is real.

Early on...like the first month, your first priority is hydration not food. If you managed 30 grams of protein (and that can be fluid) by the end of 30 days, you are on track. But 64 oz of fluid minimum a day from the beginning is not optional, it's mandatory from now to the end of your life.

But you are right, carbs are an easy food to eat. You are wise to understand that you don't need them.

Yes ma'am!! Today, hydration is my ONLY priority. So far so good. Now i have to get back to incorporating protein shakes...but they still make me nauseous. But thats small....I can get my vites in with no problem. Now im working on 64 oz.

To my fellow newbies who are experiencing nausea and diarrhea (or just several bowel movements u are not sure how to handle):

You may not feel like eating ur protein. The mere thought of shakes and yogurt makes you want to gag. Looking at the smallest piece of meat makes ur stomach bubble. You are probably struggling just to drink water.

As you battle through the malaise, lethargy, and nausea....you just want something to "settle ur stomach ". So you find ursrlf resorting to old familiar standbys...crackers, bread, CARBS! First it may start with a saltine cracker..one can't hurt. Then maybe a half slice of toast. Wow...it stayed down and didnt disgust you. Before u know it, ur eating very little protein...but those carbs are sliding down very well. It seems like a small amount so what can it hurt? Alot!

This is my firsthand account of what im experiencing. Yes, Im still loosing weight but làst night I realized that Im not only relying on these old frenemies for nausea relief...but comfort as well. As im dealing with all of these changes and adjustments, that Townhouse cracker is the one thing thats not "turning on me" and still tastes familiarly good. But I have to back away because my portion sizes are steadily increasing. Today will be different. I may not get all my protein in....but broth will replace carbs. Worse case, i meet my fluid goals even if I miss my protein.

Just be careful fellow newbies bc I saw firsthand how the carb creep is real.

Couldn't agree with you more. Carbs are insidious and addictive. They start as a guest and quickly become your master. The only success I have ever had is to avoid them completely just like an alcoholic avoids booze completely. Once they pop open one beer (or I eat one Oreo) it's just a matter of time before I lose the power of choice.

Latest posts

Back