Where is my calm before the storm?

Thoughts:

1. You're saying ANOTHER goodbye to a huge chunk of "you."
2. You have not indicated what role, if any, your size or your eating patterns played in how you defended yourself from the abuse, but if somewhere inside you believe that the DS is separating you from that protection, it can hurt like hell.
3. Related to 2: Do inside children believe that getting smaller in body means they will be more visible?
4. Do those inside who identify with the current or previous body shape think/believe they are endangered by change?

I can't answer that, but I think you struck a nerve cos the tears are rollin! But, *deep breath* I am going to get through this and be MUCH better for it!!!!

Yup - go clean! No need to invite any kind of infection coz your eyelids demand the spotlight at 5am! Besides, I was bawling my last tears then, not even waterproof would have endured. :) It's all going to work out and you'll be wondering why you were so nervous.

Hell, if you've ever had a child you have chunks of amnesia! I'm not telling you not to cry, for women that seems to be the best stress relief...ya gotta cry it out or burst. I think Elizabeth is certainly right...some of the fear is in response to a threat to our identity. It's also just simple jitters of second guessing, what-ifs, and too much time thinking about minute possibilities out of our control. You're taking a risk to have surgery, risks are hard when the loss is meaningful. But the odds are way in your favour. You have researched, prepared and have found the benefits totally outweigh the risks. Have a good cry, listen to some music (I had "if I die young" on repeat for an hour), then blow your nose, wipe your eyes and take a deep breath. It's gonna be a new adventure, not at all as bad as you fear on the other side. :)

Band perry - that's the one! Or you can go Eninem with the old standard "I love the way you lie" parts 1 & 2 with Rihanna. Sometimes getting angry helps battle that stress monster, too!

I feel like a bit of a freak. I have over 400 posts now...and I haven't even been here a month yet lol. *sings* I am not an addict...maybe thats a lieeeeeee

I confess I have kinda fallin off my self imposed pre op. I was doing well and then we went to friends on Sunday...and our anniversary happened. And whilst I'm not mega failing....instead of protein shakes I'm downing pepsi max likes a ban is coming into force. :(

Yeah, unless you guys don't mind flat soda, I'd get as much in as you can now. But do try to be good in all other ways...keep protein up! I miss soda too! I dream about it....crave tonic water (who does that?) there's just bad ju ju in those bubbles....but I love them! Counting down the days before I'm healed and can have a little just to shut the head craving up! :)

Latest posts

Back