What the feck just happened????

The lesson is, each vote matters. Clinton was the only one who had the potential to stop Trump. Not voting or not voting for her opened the door to Trump. Comey can't be blamed. Choices were made by each voter that brought us here. I don't blame any one individual voter, because each voter made what they thought was the right choice, maybe not imagining how it would influence the outcome. We now have a sexual predator in the White House, who is a white nationalist, and may be sympathetic to Russian totalitarianism. Did you see the KKK is having a victory rally? I have no quarrel with republicans and would have quietly been resigned to Romney or McCain, if they had won. This man is different. He just selected a white nationalist as chief strategist. His favorite book, according to his first wife, is Hitler's Mein Kompf. There isn't a single woman on his transition leadership and he scores women on a 10-point scale. Make America great again for white wealthy men. Sad that all of the struggling middle class people thought they were getting someone who would drain the swamp, he'll just drain their bank accounts. He just hired a bunch of lobbyists, who are only going to support big business. The middle class has been conned. History has been changed as a result of each voter's choices. That's democracy. Equal rights lost. Those who disagree with the outcome have to stand up in supporting the nonprofits that work against racism and sexism, supporting respected newspapers with independent journalists, and speaking out against the swasticas and assaults based on race or religion. Many of us feel that American values are at risk. Now, we have to stand up for what we believe in, or he will feel he can do anything.

Anyone in Washington DC who would let me sleep on their couch so I can go to the Million Woman march? Saturday, January 21st?

I'm not in DC, but i'm a commuter train ride away. My sister's neighborhood in Birmingham AL got the fliers about the KKK rally/march. That business scares the bejeezus out of me.

The lesson is, each vote matters. Clinton was the only one who had the potential to stop Trump. Not voting or not voting for her opened the door to Trump. Comey can't be blamed. Choices were made by each voter that brought us here. I don't blame any one individual voter, because each voter made what they thought was the right choice, maybe not imagining how it would influence the outcome. We now have a sexual predator in the White House, who is a white nationalist, and may be sympathetic to Russian totalitarianism. Did you see the KKK is having a victory rally? I have no quarrel with republicans and would have quietly been resigned to Romney or McCain, if they had won. This man is different. He just selected a white nationalist as chief strategist. His favorite book, according to his first wife, is Hitler's Mein Kompf. There isn't a single woman on his transition leadership and he scores women on a 10-point scale. Make America great again for white wealthy men. Sad that all of the struggling middle class people thought they were getting someone who would drain the swamp, he'll just drain their bank accounts. He just hired a bunch of lobbyists, who are only going to support big business. The middle class has been conned. History has been changed as a result of each voter's choices. That's democracy. Equal rights lost. Those who disagree with the outcome have to stand up in supporting the nonprofits that work against racism and sexism, supporting respected newspapers with independent journalists, and speaking out against the swasticas and assaults based on race or religion. Many of us feel that American values are at risk. Now, we have to stand up for what we believe in, or he will feel he can do anything.

Anyone in Washington DC who would let me sleep on their couch so I can go to the Million Woman march? Saturday, January 21st?
I believe Ivanka is on his transition team, along with the other older kids, and is also running his 'blind(sure) trust'. Looks like a serious conflict of interest to me but what do I know.

I disagree that Comey had no effect. Clinton lossed by about 80,000 votes total in 3 states. I think many Republicans who were going to leave ballot empty for potus ended up voting Trump and I think it caused a few Dems to vote 3rd party or not at all for POTUS. The fact is that it shouldn't even be a question.

The other point about Bill Clinton I see as false equivalence between. One was President before 90% of the accusations about him came out. Good Christuan America ignored the fact that Trump admitted to grabbing pussy and assaulting women, not to mention he admitted to cheating on all of his wives and voted for him anyway. I am pretty sure Clinton would have never been elected had that information been widely known in 92.

I am still disgusted and embarrassed by my country for electing a morally depraved and very dangerous incompetent as POTUS . If I was vindictI've I would take solace in the fact that Trump will hurt those who voted for him the most, but he will also do great damage to our country and people who didn't vote for him.

I disagree that Comey had no effect. Clinton lossed by about 80,000 votes total in 3 states. I think many Republicans who were going to leave ballot empty for potus ended up voting Trump and I think it caused a few Dems to vote 3rd party or not at all for POTUS. The fact is that it shouldn't even be a question.

The other point about Bill Clinton I see as false equivalence between. One was President before 90% of the accusations about him came out. Good Christuan America ignored the fact that Trump admitted to grabbing pussy and assaulting women, not to mention he admitted to cheating on all of his wives and voted for him anyway. I am pretty sure Clinton would have never been elected had that information been widely known in 92.

I am still disgusted and embarrassed by my country for electing a morally depraved and very dangerous incompetent as POTUS . If I was vindictI've I would take solace in the fact that Trump will hurt those who voted for him the most, but he will also do great damage to our country and people who didn't vote for him.

Another Great bit from Bill Maher which goes to your point:

Interesting thoughts. I think abortion "Trumped" sexual escapades with Christians. They were appalled at the thought of abortions anytime, even late pregnancy which Clinton supposedly advocated. As for Slick Willy, I heard so many people, including Hillary dismiss the women's claims. "If it was so bad, why is Hillary staying with him. She shows courage in standing by him." Moreover Christians and non-Christians will forgive some things and not others. Selective morals or something like that. There are many things which I will never understand or be able to explain when it comes to human nature.

Anyhow, I'm sticking with my theory of urban vs. rural. I saw a map of Ohio's results by county. Clinton took the counties that had major cities like the Big Three Cs. (Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Columbus) Toledo as well a couple of others.

upload_2016-11-15_14-5-13.png

(Sorry it's so big! I lived in OH for 20+ years and I feel more comfortable looking at how it voted than TN. Yet I think any state map and the nation as a whole when colored blue or red tells the same story.)

In the meantime, instead of weeping and wailing and wringing our hands, perhaps now is the time to donate money and/or time to those activities that can make the changes we want to see. Also, again, I'm very appreciative of how we have been able to discuss without bringing in name calling. (Even if we had to sit on our hands to do so.;))

This is, unfortunately, what our country (almost) deserves. Critical thinking is not our national strength. Children in other countries are focused on education. We have a culture that actually WATCHES Trump shows and Real Housewives and Bachelors and dancing and cars racing around in circles and we (collectively) worship sporting events far above academic pursuits.

My nephew's kids get praised to high heaven for sporting achievements. My sister and her husband pick up the tab for things like a pitching coach for a grandkid. I haven't heard any talk of PSAT or SAT prep classes.

I'm suddenly a fucking "coastal elite." My Spanish-speaking grandma and her hubby lived in an apartment in So Central L.A. She babysat us while my mom, who at one point had belonged to the Women's Club Juniors in my hometown, packed electric can openers into boxes in a factory. I graduated from HS at 16 and went to work. College came decades later. And only to accomplish two things...to be an example to our daughter, and to acquire a career that would allow us to pay for her college.

Meanwhile, idiots like my husband's cousin make verbal attack after attack on college-educated folks. I guess he considers his three years of college...enough for deferments to keep him out of VietNam until he got a high enough lottery number to save him from military service...a badge of honor. Yet...his FB page is full of posts by "the brotherhood of the bayonet"...when none of his college classes involved bayonet training.

Hubby's nephew...another moron...he says that Trump better represents his values. This guy is SOOOOO deep in the closet even HE doesn't know he's gay. Current Jesus freak. Past hx stealing money orders and then depositing them to HIS bank account. Duh. Posts his earnings online. Might break $50k this year. Long line trucker. So, a number of expenses involved with living on the road. Renter. No siblings or meaningful other. Has a 61-year-old single mom a thousand miles away from him, who works for minimum wage, also rents, also has NO money, no retirement program, hates Obamacare. So he voted for a guy who wants to reduce her Social Security and farm out her Medicare...so she can live where? In the truck he drives? Of course, he hates the idea that others might make $15/hr.

Someone needs to create webpage spreadsheet with ALL of Trump's promises...and how those are working out.

(Thanksgiving here is on Sunday. We are on our fifth generation of kids raised with color-coded calendars...police, fire, hospital, etc adults. So holidays are on the day when the majority have a day off. And my BIL just got discharged from another few days in the hospital. It takes HIM 'til his BP is 74/49 and his HGB is 9 to mention that he doesn't feel great. That means Thanksgiving is at my house. Sunday.)

(And I'm trying to go solar here. What a cluster fuck.)

Oh...subscribe to Mother Jones and to the Washington Post. (I know, but great articles by Farenthold.) Join the ACLU. Donate to Planned Parenthood (or NARAL.). The Southern Poverty Law Center deserves support. Join the Color of Change mailing list. CREDO is working. Follow David Corn on Twitter. And others.

When you encounter racists and other idiots, be informed enough to call them out.

What's wrong with BP of 74/49 (85/55)and HGB of 9 (10)? :D

And yes, fuck the morons voting against their own interests. They deserve what they have coming but people like me who is likely to end up on disability since nobody can figure out what the fuck is wrong with me, do not deserve this shot storm. Our country, well at least half of the country, doesn't deserve it.

BTW did you see computer scientists are encouragin Clinton to demand a recount in three swing states and Jill Stein (oh the freaking irony) is pushing to raise money for it as well? It won't change the final outcome but oh how I would love to see it show that there was hacking by Russians and votes swung chumps way.

This may not be over. In less than 24 hours, Jill Stein has raised $1.6 million of the $2.5 million she needs to get a recount. She has a fundraising site online. Stein wants to request recounts in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania, where the exit polls were vastly different than the final tally. Clinton is more than 2 million votes ahead of him in the popular vote, but she needs only a fraction of that in these states. The problem is what a different result might mean for the "peaceful" transition of power. I'm going to the Women's March on Washington, Jan 21, that already has more than 100k people planning a peaceful protest. Parallel matches are planned in major cities. The other side might not plan a peaceful reaction if the count changes. Stay tuned and buy a refundable ticket to another country because we may need to get out of here.

This may not be over. In less than 24 hours, Jill Stein has raised $1.6 million of the $2.5 million she needs to get a recount. She has a fundraising site online. Stein wants to request recounts in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania, where the exit polls were vastly different than the final tally. Clinton is more than 2 million votes ahead of him in the popular vote, but she needs only a fraction of that in these states. The problem is what a different result might mean for the "peaceful" transition of power. I'm going to the Women's March on Washington, Jan 21, that already has more than 100k people planning a peaceful protest. Parallel matches are planned in major cities. The other side might not plan a peaceful reaction if the count changes. Stay tuned and buy a refundable ticket to another country because we may need to get out of here.

It is curious that, in some cases, more votes for president were cast than TOTAL votes. Or so it is being claimed.

I have no idea what Stein wants to accomplish, but if she can raise the money...and when I first saw that news, she had $45k, so there HAS BEEN rapid action...why not recount?

It is curious that, in some cases, more votes for president were cast than TOTAL votes. Or so it is being claimed.

I have no idea what Stein wants to accomplish, but if she can raise the money...and when I first saw that news, she had $45k, so there HAS BEEN rapid action...why not recount?
At a minimum do an audit to see if any irregularities are exposed. The problem from what I have read is that unless the Clinton campaign pushes for a recount it won't likely happen, and of course if she pushes for it she is seen as a sore loser. Kind of a no win situation for her because I seriously doubt that enough votes would be found (if any) to change the outcome.

At a minimum do an audit to see if any irregularities are exposed. The problem from what I have read is that unless the Clinton campaign pushes for a recount it won't likely happen, and of course if she pushes for it she is seen as a sore loser. Kind of a no win situation for her because I seriously doubt that enough votes would be found (if any) to change the outcome.

I thought that Stein was just as eligible to demand a recount as HRC. Not so?

Latest posts

Back