What If ???

Yes Diana, it is and it’s a quite versatile multi-purpose tool, no RV should be without one!!! You guys crack me the hell up!! Where else can you go and be entertained with women sharing their potential P38 vasectomy threats or even know WTF a P38 is.

Yes Diana, it is and it’s a quite versatile multi-purpose tool, no RV should be without one!!! You guys crack me the hell up!! Where else can you go and be entertained with women sharing their potential P38 vasectomy threats or even know WTF a P38 is.
LOL, Rob...remember THIS female served in the Army before the MRE became STANDARD issue (I was in from 1982-1984 with a reserve component for the remainder). And while MRE's were available after 1981, they did not become standard for everyone until 1986.

I loved my P38...easy to use, SUPER easy to carry. My ONLY problem now would be the arthritis in my hands...now even a standard hand held can opener is problematic. I may have to finally give up and get an electric one.

LOL, Rob...remember THIS female served in the Army before the MRE became STANDARD issue (I was in from 1982-1984 with a reserve component for the remainder). And while MRE's were available after 1981, they did not become standard for everyone until 1986.

I loved my P38...easy to use, SUPER easy to carry. My ONLY problem now would be the arthritis in my hands...now even a standard hand held can opener is problematic. I may have to finally give up and get an electric one.

1980s? 80s? Wasn't that like, last week?

Lol, I was early 70s.

And, @robs477 ...I'll soon be having lunch with my mom's 94-year-old cousin who was a SPAR in WWII and my MIL was a WAAC and then a WAC in that same scuffle.

Well, we don't have an ELECTRIC can opener on the RV, just a newer hand-held kind that somehow opens the seal on top without making sharp edges.
http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Smooth-Opener/dp/B000079XW2
41N01J8WSGL.jpg

I doubt I could perform surgery with it, however ....

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
While I try not to think of it much, I do consider the what if? Having lived in hurricane and tornado areas, you tend to think of some stockpiling. Keeping a P38 handy as well as a pocket knife. I know I can start a fire without matches IF need be, find north, and know how to fish. I really don't think I could hunt but if it was my life on the line, I could get over it.

BUT I was also trained as the NBC officer (nuclear, biological, chemical) and IF I had my druthers, I'll park my ass next to a nuclear facility so if it goes, I can just kiss my ass goodbye cause I really don't like the idea of nuclear winter, contamination, etc.

I saw both my Mother and daddy hoard stuff (they were children of the Depression). I TRY not to hoard as it's not the healthiest way to live but being prepared for natural catastrophes that CAN last a week or so makes sense.
I agree. Who on earth would actually WANT to live in a post-appocyliptic world. I would rather go home to Jesus. Thank you very much.

Latest posts

Back