Sunday Weigh In (1/10/2016)

Why just 3 meals and two snacks?

I eat like a Hobbit...seldom go longer than 2 hours before grabbing more food and as long as it's protein/fat why not?

Hmm, at this point it actually feels like I'm eating constantly! I suppose if I'm am hungrier later on I will eat more often. I still don't really get hungry so I have an app that reminds me to eat (and one that reminds me to drink water, and another that reminds me to take vitamins - one of them is going off every 15 minutes or so!).

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't really get hungry so I have an app that reminds me to eat (and one that reminds me to drink water, and another that reminds me to take vitamins - one of them is going off every 15 minutes or so!).
Good app.

I found that if I wait too long to eat, I am no longer hungry.

I have found a snack that is almost all protein, so it stays right beside me whenever I am at the computer and/or watching TV. Easy to grab and nibble a handful. http://cellowhisps.com/ And I suspect they could be used in any number of ways...like as a cracker, etc.

Good app.

I have found a snack that is almost all protein, so it stays right beside me whenever I am at the computer and/or watching TV. Easy to grab and nibble a handful. http://cellowhisps.com/ And I suspect they could be used in any number of ways...like as a cracker, etc.
When I first saw the name I thought OMG she's eating plastic film...... Cello is a name for a film in the packaging industry... As in cellophane. :D

So where do you get these? Store or order online? They actually sound good

Good app.

I've found that too, which is one reason the app is really helpful for me right now.
Will definitely try the cello crisps. I've made something similar but they were very delicate. These look sturdy and tasty!

Whole Food has a parmesan-only crisp like cellowhisps but they aren't in a circle.

When I first saw the name I thought OMG she's eating plastic film...... Cello is a name for a film in the packaging industry... As in cellophane. :D

So where do you get these? Store or order online? They actually sound good
Scott, we get them at Costco. A good friend saw them at hers and messaged me to look for them at mine. (She understands the DS). Dh said they taste a bit salty. My oldest (step)daughter and my MIL said they taste like the cheese crisps her other grandmother use to make. My daughter is a type 1 diabetic so we are always looking for low carb stuff for her.

LW 130
TW 130

Holding steady. @Clematis it sounds like you are eating a lot of food. Maybe slow down?

I barfed everyday for a year post revision surgery sometimes more then once a day. I still do in occasion. Usually it's dense dry protein.

I found if I slowed down and ate basically all day I could get it all in. I did better before 3pm after that on some days I could only take in liquids or very soft foods.

As far as dining out I would order soup or soft protein or what I wanted. I was a master of moving it around. I would just take it home. If asked if I did not like my food I would say I had a touchy stomach or digestive issues. Lots of people do.

It gets easier you are still early out. Heck at three months I was still on liquids.

Best

LW: 186
TW: 183

My recent 6 month post-op check up went really well, and my surgeon said I am on target to lose 90-100% of my EW, if that's what I want to do. I don't really have that as a goal, but I plan to just keep eating like I have been, keep running and doing pilates, and then let the chips fall where they may. There's excess skin, potential regain and all sorts of things to face down the road, so I figure I'll just enjoy the good health, work my program and let the scale do its thing.

LW 130
TW 130

Holding steady. @Clematis it sounds like you are eating a lot of food. Maybe slow down?

I barfed everyday for a year post revision surgery sometimes more then once a day. I still do in occasion. Usually it's dense dry protein.

I found if I slowed down and ate basically all day I could get it all in. I did better before 3pm after that on some days I could only take in liquids or very soft foods.

As far as dining out I would order soup or soft protein or what I wanted. I was a master of moving it around. I would just take it home. If asked if I did not like my food I would say I had a touchy stomach or digestive issues. Lots of people do.

It gets easier you are still early out. Heck at three months I was still on liquids.

Best
Good for you, Whit.
LW: 186
TW: 183

My recent 6 month post-op check up went really well, and my surgeon said I am on target to lose 90-100% of my EW, if that's what I want to do. I don't really have that as a goal, but I plan to just keep eating like I have been, keep running and doing pilates, and then let the chips fall where they may. There's excess skin, potential regain and all sorts of things to face down the road, so I figure I'll just enjoy the good health, work my program and let the scale do its thing.
Glad you had such a good checkup...and doing great.

Scott, we get them at Costco. A good friend saw them at hers and messaged me to look for them at mine. (She understands the DS). Dh said they taste a bit salty. My oldest (step)daughter and my MIL said they taste like the cheese crisps her other grandmother use to make. My daughter is a type 1 diabetic so we are always looking for low carb stuff for her.
Cool I shall have to check my COSTCO. Thanks

Parmesan can be a bit strong for me so we shall have to see how many I can eat, but I bet these would be great with some good meats (capicola, prosciuto, and other less expensive deli meats). I would also do a little fruit like a half of a grape or strawberry as well (tolerate those fine) as I like salty and sweet balance....and did I mention a nice Zin or Pinot Noir? :D

I've found that too, which is one reason the app is really helpful for me right now.
Will definitely try the cello crisps. I've made something similar but they were very delicate. These look sturdy and tasty!
Coincidence...I made some "cheese crackers" yesterday in the microwave. They turned out well and were super easy to make. I have looked at the cheese crisp in the deli at Walmart but just couldn't justify buying them, so expensive for such a small little container. I was very happy at how well these turned out and how easy they were. If anyone is interested I would be glad to share. Just let me know.
BTW, I'm here, reading like crazy, learning so much. I've had a rough cold/bronchial infection since right before Christmas but doing better now. I have been formulating some questions in my mind so I'll be posting soon. Susan

Coincidence...I made some "cheese crackers" yesterday in the microwave. They turned out well and were super easy to make. I have looked at the cheese crisp in the deli at Walmart but just couldn't justify buying them, so expensive for such a small little container. I was very happy at how well these turned out and how easy they were. If anyone is interested I would be glad to share. Just let me know.
BTW, I'm here, reading like crazy, learning so much. I've had a rough cold/bronchial infection since right before Christmas but doing better now. I have been formulating some questions in my mind so I'll be posting soon. Susan

I also make mine at home, one big batch at a time. I do mine in the oven but I've also done it in the microwave - the outcome is less browned with the microwave but they are yummy either way. It's my go-to when I'm craving something to nibble on.

Please post your recipe in the Recipes forum. I'm interested in finding more savory snacks to offset my ridiculous sweet tooth.

LW: 279
TW: 273.2

I'm eating more carbs than I should, but as I am trimming carbs back out, the scale is moving again - go figure!
Today I learned that I weigh less than my husband now! He's a bit disappointed because the holidays were a weight gain for him, so we're both going to crack the low-carb whip and do this together!

Latest posts

Back