Sunday Weigh In (11/13/2016)

LW: 79.6kg | 175.5lbs
TW: 79.6kg | 175.5lbs

Another busy week with work and school. I had been a bit forgetful with my vitamins, but have been pretty good the last few weeks (minus forgetting to bring them with me to Hong Kong this weekend). Blood test coming up this week, and then will see my doctor in early December once they're all back.

NSV this week is that I fit into my smallest pair of jeans, which is unbelievable. They're a fraction tighter than would be ideal, but wow! Also had to buy sweaters this weekend (it's getting cool in HK, and I have no need for them in Singapore!) and being able to shop in a 'regular' store in Asia is still awesome.

I went to a doctor last week and was surprised to learn I was 3 pounds lighter than last time, 7/15 - I would have guessed I was 10 pounds up. just as flabby but not any heavier. :laugh:

and I've been eating ridiculous amounts of food, including sweets.

which are the devil :mad:
Yes, they are but glad your weight didn't reflect that! Now to work on the flabby, right?

Last month: 225
This month: 225

11 months out and effectively stalled for two months now. I'm not able or willing (or some combination of the two) to get a handle on the carbs. I get plenty of protein and fluids. Most of my labs (inc. protein) are solid and the bad ones are improving. I walk briskly five miles most days. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), nothing seems to upset my system.

So many people seem able to stick to under 100, or even under 50 grams of carb a day. That blows me away. Since a lot of us were compulsive overeaters before the surgery and didn't manage carbs well BEFORE, how is it that suddenly willpower came AFTER the surgery? The doctor modified my digestive system, but not my head.
To me at your height 225 is not a bad weight at all, but I know there are a lot of people who didn't lose all their weight until the end of 2 years.

May be a blip but it's not a bad one, :) Hope you can keep your pain at least at a dull roar. Good luck going back to work.

Yeah, but how are YOU feeling?

Two months is a stall UNLESS you still losing inches? then again, I stalled for 5 months before starting up again. It was like my body needed a break.

LOL, yeah, my head wasn't fixed either. But what helped me was a DECADE of carb awareness due to my diabetes. Didn't mean I gave them up, just learned to cope with them.

Love the NSV's.

I like being able to cross my legs but unfortunately my legs don't like it (varicose veins).
I am feeling pretty darn well right now so I am okay with the weight, as long as it doesn't get stupid. That being said, I passed out more the last two days than I have all last week so that worries me a tad.....

To me at your height 225 is not a bad weight at all, but I know there are a lot of people who didn't lose all their weight until the end of 2 years.

No, 225 isn't bad. Certainly no one would describe me as fat. Just as a guy with a middle aged gut. A Tummy tuck will take care of that. Guess I was just hoping for a little more out of my DS. But maybe I should count my excess weight loss from my pre-sleeve weight which was 325, instead of my DS surgery weight of 295? If so, 225 would be about 80% EWL (assuming 100% would be 200 (25 BMI). Still, I need to get serious about these carbs. I would like to lose as much as possible before a tummy tuck.

10/16 W. 224
TW 217

It's been a while.. progress is slow and steady. In the right direction. Been going to therapy for hip pain. I had problems before, but was hoping to see it improve with carrying less weight around. Unfortunately, just the opposite, more moving around has resulted in more pain. Other than that, I'm feeling great

No, 225 isn't bad. Certainly no one would describe me as fat. Just as a guy with a middle aged gut. A Tummy tuck will take care of that. Guess I was just hoping for a little more out of my DS. But maybe I should count my excess weight loss from my pre-sleeve weight which was 325, instead of my DS surgery weight of 295? If so, 225 would be about 80% EWL (assuming 100% would be 200 (25 BMI). Still, I need to get serious about these carbs. I would like to lose as much as possible before a tummy tuck.
I hear you on carbs and such. I can eat anything and not gain weight. If that ever changes I am going to really have to clean it up. At 165 that is no concern.

10/16 W. 224
TW 217

It's been a while.. progress is slow and steady. In the right direction. Been going to therapy for hip pain. I had problems before, but was hoping to see it improve with carrying less weight around. Unfortunately, just the opposite, more moving around has resulted in more pain. Other than that, I'm feeling great
Just keep moving...but your weight is doing good.

It may be that the hip pain was always blamed on how much weight you had in excess...but in reality, it had nothing to do with weight. Some forms of hip arthritis are NOT weight related even if the medical community would like to believe differently.

Last week 178
This week. 177.5

I think I have been letting too many carbs creep in although I still seem to be getting smaller.

I, too, got away with a lot of carbs at the beginning, but now it seems to be grinding my weigh loss to a halt. You're experience may be different.

Mark, I'm behind you on this journey, and have very little wisdom to share on this, but from everything I have read, as you get smaller, some people need to be much more careful.

I go to Dr Rabkin's group and since my goal weight is 135 some people have said at the end I might really need to diet. Lord knows this food thing is hard, but have you tried just giving up carbs for a week and seeing what you get. I"m really sorry you are struggling, but at least you are way down. :)

Last week 178
This week. 177.5

I think I have been letting too many carbs creep in although I still seem to be getting smaller.
You are still losing. Just be aware of the carbs (and not as they enter your mouth).
You are probably losing inches at the moment. I noticed I could not lose weight and inches at the same time (after the first 4-8 weeks).

You are still losing. Just be aware of the carbs (and not as they enter your mouth).
You are probably losing inches at the moment. I noticed I could not lose weight and inches at the same time (after the first 4-8 weeks).
Thanks, Liz. I'm going to measure again and see what's happening, as it's been a while since i've done that. I do think you're right on the not doing both at once thing. And I'm ok with that. I'm not freaking out...yet.

Latest posts

Back