Sunday Weigh In (11/13/2016)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot to weigh as I am NOW out of my normal...moved the scale back into the bathroom and forgot to get on it before eating this morning SOOOO I am claiming last weeks of 150 as well.

Been mentally ready to bug out for the last several days. Our area is right near the Party Rock Fire near Lake Lure, NC. Lake Lure is a popular vacation spot in this area and is one of the two locations used in filming Dirty Dancing in 1987 and The Last of the Mohicans in 1992 which included Chimney Rock and Hickory Nut Gorge (Lake Lure is the south end tip of the fire and northeast of us and major staging area for firefighters and both Chimney Rock and Hickory Nut Gorge have been evacuated).

But the haze is horrid here. And they have spotted ash falling as far south as Landrum which is 5 miles SOUTH of us.

I took a photo yesterday of the haze just 3 miles east of us.
This was in front of a local grocery store JUST off exit 67 (Columbus, NC) of I26 that travels from Asheville, NC to Spartanburg, SC and points south
IMG_3053.JPG

Stay safe Liz. I live in California and there are fires here year round. Scary and heartbreaking.

LW:134
TW: 132

Probably a blip. First PT session wasn't to bad but I am out of Norco and they are not going to refill it. So the next session will be interesting. I think I'm a victim of the new harsher protocol for opiates. Sucks but that's they way it goes. I've been using my husbands lidocaine cream and it helps a little.

I have to get back to work n Monday, all computer work, so hopefully I will not be in to much pain.

Have a great week all.
Whit

LW: 175
TW: 169 (was 167 Wednesday through Friday and I am loaded up so it is probably closer to 167)

Last month: 225
This month: 225

11 months out and effectively stalled for two months now. I'm not able or willing (or some combination of the two) to get a handle on the carbs. I get plenty of protein and fluids. Most of my labs (inc. protein) are solid and the bad ones are improving. I walk briskly five miles most days. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), nothing seems to upset my system.

So many people seem able to stick to under 100, or even under 50 grams of carb a day. That blows me away. Since a lot of us were compulsive overeaters before the surgery and didn't manage carbs well BEFORE, how is it that suddenly willpower came AFTER the surgery? The doctor modified my digestive system, but not my head.

It's been a roller coaster for the last two weeks. I was stalled at 213 for two weeks. Thursday, I down to 210. I had a bunch of dental work done and they put me on Antibiotics up to 213 today. Last month when i was put on antibiotics, I gained 3 pound and then, lost 10 as soon as I was off the drugs. Hopefully the same thing will happen.

Nice NSV this week

- Flew this week. The tray came down and i could use my laptop on it comfortably - this made me happy.
- Crossing my legs much easier

Stay safe Liz. I live in California and there are fires here year round. Scary and heartbreaking.

LW:134
TW: 132

Probably a blip. First PT session wasn't to bad but I am out of Norco and they are not going to refill it. So the next session will be interesting. I think I'm a victim of the new harsher protocol for opiates. Sucks but that's they way it goes. I've been using my husbands lidocaine cream and it helps a little.

I have to get back to work n Monday, all computer work, so hopefully I will not be in to much pain.

Have a great week all.
Whit
May be a blip but it's not a bad one, :) Hope you can keep your pain at least at a dull roar. Good luck going back to work.
LW: 175
TW: 169 (was 167 Wednesday through Friday and I am loaded up so it is probably closer to 167)
Yeah, but how are YOU feeling?
Last month: 225
This month: 225

11 months out and effectively stalled for two months now. I'm not able or willing (or some combination of the two) to get a handle on the carbs. I get plenty of protein and fluids. Most of my labs (inc. protein) are solid and the bad ones are improving. I walk briskly five miles most days. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), nothing seems to upset my system.

So many people seem able to stick to under 100, or even under 50 grams of carb a day. That blows me away. Since a lot of us were compulsive overeaters before the surgery and didn't manage carbs well BEFORE, how is it that suddenly willpower came AFTER the surgery? The doctor modified my digestive system, but not my head.
Two months is a stall UNLESS you still losing inches? then again, I stalled for 5 months before starting up again. It was like my body needed a break.

LOL, yeah, my head wasn't fixed either. But what helped me was a DECADE of carb awareness due to my diabetes. Didn't mean I gave them up, just learned to cope with them.
It's been a roller coaster for the last two weeks. I was stalled at 213 for two weeks. Thursday, I down to 210. I had a bunch of dental work done and they put me on Antibiotics up to 213 today. Last month when i was put on antibiotics, I gained 3 pound and then, lost 10 as soon as I was off the drugs. Hopefully the same thing will happen.

Nice NSV this week

- Flew this week. The tray came down and i could use my laptop on it comfortably - this made me happy.
- Crossing my legs much easier
Love the NSV's.

I like being able to cross my legs but unfortunately my legs don't like it (varicose veins).

Two months is a stall UNLESS you still losing inches? then again, I stalled for 5 months before starting up again. It was like my body needed a break.

LOL, yeah, my head wasn't fixed either. But what helped me was a DECADE of carb awareness due to my diabetes. Didn't mean I gave them up, just learned to cope with them.

Just out of curiosity, how far out were you when you stalled for 5 months? And how many more months did you continue to lose after the stall broke?

Just out of curiosity, how far out were you when you stalled for 5 months? And how many more months did you continue to lose after the stall broke?
I was all of seven months out. thought I was done. Then I lost another 22 lbs. Of course, I've since regained all 22 lbs in the last 4 years but apparently I wasn't done at the time.
Good for you.

I was all of seven months out. thought I was done. Then I lost another 22 lbs. Of course, I've since regained all 22 lbs in the last 4 years but apparently I wasn't done at the time.

Did you change your diet or exercise habits at all, or your body just lost the additional 22 on its own?

I went to a doctor last week and was surprised to learn I was 3 pounds lighter than last time, 7/15 - I would have guessed I was 10 pounds up. just as flabby but not any heavier. :laugh:

and I've been eating ridiculous amounts of food, including sweets.

which are the devil :mad:

Latest posts

Back