1 Year Post DS Update

Wow just doesn't cut it--you are amazing!! You are such an inspiration for this pre-op. I sure hope a year from now I can post a story of my journey that is as positive as yours. Thank you for sharing. Really. Thanks.

Wonderful update Roo! I am so happy to hear things are going good. I saw this post on FB but came here to read because I find FB harder to follow the posts. Looking at your photo album would and should be inspiration for anyone! I for one look forward to your posts and pictures.

this is a fantastic update, so glad to see how well you are doing - but I can't believe your wound just finished healing, OMG. and two hands again, how great is that!

post all you are able to, Roo, you are a total inspiration! :clapping:

ROO, congrats on your stunning success thus far even in the face of problems beyond what anyone should have to go through. I knew you had had a rough go of it but somehow didn't know just how rough. You are truly an inspiration.

YAY! I saw this on Facebook, and wondered if this is where you'd posted it. :) I am so amazed by you, lady. As you know, reading of the rough road you'd had but the successes you'd made is one of the things that made me decide to go for it. I am so happy for you - for your freedom, for your accomplishments, for getting your life back bit by bit! <3

Wow Roo - you are amazing! Congratulations on all your success. Can't wait to watch you continue to rock it now that many of your complications aren't holding you back! You're such an inspiration!

Thank you so much everyone. It's really awkward being called an inspiration lol. I'm just a normal girl (I feel weird calling myself a woman for some reason!) trying to make the best of my life :)

I had it so rough! I only posted a few bits here and there because it was overwhelming. I don't like to whine but was so miserable, I didn't know what to do with myself! One day at a time is how I made it. I only had 2 days, far from each other, when I felt so down life didn't seem worth it, but I have a wonderful support system that steps in and reminds me of all the things I have going for me.

I refuse to give up. I refuse to quit. I have things against me (2 parter, high start weight, etc) but I look at those things as extra challenges, not things that will certainly stop me. At 324, Im only 40lbs from my surgeons goal. He told me it was unlikely I would get below 280. Sooooooo, me being me, I want to get to 225 ;) I'm stubborn as a mule and HATE to be told what I can and can't do lol.

Thank you all again for your support and encouragement. I needed it and continue to need it. :)

What a wonderful first year you have had ! Congrats ! I have not been here much at all due to many family issues with my Dad's failing health and eventual passing. I hope to be more active in the coming year as well and really look forward to seeing your updates ! I LOVE swimming too and hope to get back it very soon ! Keep it up and you will be astonished at how wonderful the DS will be to you !

Latest posts

Back