Sunday Weigh In (10/30/2016)

When I left for a nearly month-long European vacation October 5, I weighed 136 (I have hovered around 135 since July and figured it was my set point) and hoped I wouldn't balloon to the 140s with vacation eating. But I got on the scale yesterday and weighed an astonishing 124.8. An 11.2# loss in 3.5 weeks -- more than I ever lost even in the beginning. Egads. BMI of 20.8 is as low as I want to go. I have at least 10# of excess, sagging skin. My size 4 pants are baggy. My cheeks are getting wrinkly. Not attractive.

I can't really explain the weight loss. The food on the tour part of the trip wasn't great and/or it was something my sleeve couldn't tolerate. Oftentimes I had a dollop of several things from the buffet and could eat little except part of a roll with butter. ("Is putting food on your plate and not eating it an American thing?" I was asked. Others called me "The Fairy" because I ate so little. It was hard not to guffaw when several of the women clucked that they wished they were naturally thin like me.) However I ate CONSTANTLY as my purse was filled with melba toast, crostini, nuts, chocolate, nibbles from which I snacked every few minutes on the tour bus or in my hotel room. Junk food, yes, but any calories were good at that point. I went to someone's home for dinner and was determined to eat the fish she served so as not to hurt her feelings. I ate half of it but absolutely could not put a morsel more or any of her dessert in my mouth or I would have blown dinner right there on her table.

And then the last week I got another f'in kidney stone, spent a day in the ER, was sent back to hotel with pain killers which made me nauseous and so I puked and slept my way through the UK. (Kidney stone has not passed but is not active at this moment -- but it WILL awaken.) I gave up on the pain killers two days ago so I would not puke on the plane on the way home. I was ravenous and ate all day yesterday. The scale didn't move upwards this morning but I'm confident the 124.8 weight is not going to be permanent.

One year surgiversary coming up next week. With my plummet last month, I'm nearly half my size from last year. Amazing.

When I left for a nearly month-long European vacation October 5, I weighed 136 (I have hovered around 135 since July and figured it was my set point) and hoped I wouldn't balloon to the 140s with vacation eating. But I got on the scale yesterday and weighed an astonishing 124.8. An 11.2# loss in 3.5 weeks -- more than I ever lost even in the beginning. Egads. BMI of 20.8 is as low as I want to go. I have at least 10# of excess, sagging skin. My size 4 pants are baggy. My cheeks are getting wrinkly. Not attractive.

I can't really explain the weight loss. The food on the tour part of the trip wasn't great and/or it was something my sleeve couldn't tolerate. Oftentimes I had a dollop of several things from the buffet and could eat little except part of a roll with butter. ("Is putting food on your plate and not eating it an American thing?" I was asked. Others called me "The Fairy" because I ate so little. It was hard not to guffaw when several of the women clucked that they wished they were naturally thin like me.) However I ate CONSTANTLY as my purse was filled with melba toast, crostini, nuts, chocolate, nibbles from which I snacked every few minutes on the tour bus or in my hotel room. Junk food, yes, but any calories were good at that point. I went to someone's home for dinner and was determined to eat the fish she served so as not to hurt her feelings. I ate half of it but absolutely could not put a morsel more or any of her dessert in my mouth or I would have blown dinner right there on her table.

And then the last week I got another f'in kidney stone, spent a day in the ER, was sent back to hotel with pain killers which made me nauseous and so I puked and slept my way through the UK. (Kidney stone has not passed but is not active at this moment -- but it WILL awaken.) I gave up on the pain killers two days ago so I would not puke on the plane on the way home. I was ravenous and ate all day yesterday. The scale didn't move upwards this morning but I'm confident the 124.8 weight is not going to be permanent.

One year surgiversary coming up next week. With my plummet last month, I'm nearly half my size from last year. Amazing.
Sorry you had such a rough return home. As nice as the weight loss was, the comments about being naturally thin are even better. And as long as your labs are excellent, don't worry about the actual weight unless you get below an 18.5 BMI

Hope you took lots of photos and enjoyed yourself.

Hi guys! It's been awhile since I've checked in here. I'm 12 weeks post-op.
HW 378
SW 325.5
TW 273.8

I'm doing pretty good . . . In the last 2 weeks, I'm finally getting all of my vitamins in daily. I'm hitting my water and protein goals.
My taste buds are still wonky. . . I sure hope that changes with time.
I'm super thankful that I had the DS. . . It's already changed my life! !

I watch your videos and very much enjoy them. Good for you on your success!

Everytime i go to Europe I eat a llot and expect the scale to be up and it's not. It's all the walking. I hope you are having a good time.

I've heard the set point theory. If that were true, mine would be 165-170 as that was the absolute lowest weight I achieved as an adult without an insane amount of exercise (and I was late 20's when I did that). But I kissed 121 after my DS. The DS redefines that.

I don't think this is where I'll stay, but I think I'll probably stay here a while before dropping. I'm losing in steps generally. But good to hear that you got well below yours!

Damn hon that sucks with another stone.

Your weight will stabilize and bounce back a bit so I wouldn't freak yet as long as labs are good.

I've heard the set point theory. If that were true, mine would be 165-170 as that was the absolute lowest weight I achieved as an adult without an insane amount of exercise (and I was late 20's when I did that). But I kissed 121 after my DS. The DS redefines that.

Scott, I know you are tired of this...just keep going tho. How is Cameron doing? And is your brother gonna go for the DS?
Cameron is doing well and starts a new job tomorrow. he has pain where doc did second blood patch and purse string technique to stop the csf leak but that is expected and no biggie.

As far as me I am eating, drinking and resting. just trying to stay positive but struggling a bit in that regard, and tobrest/heal

Thanks

Oh Mark...I am pretty sure he is going to do it. He needs to see pcp, psychological clearance and nutrional visit. Once that is done he can schedule. I need to remind him that he needs to get on that ASAP . thanks

I didn't know that you have been watching my videos. . . I'm honored :)

I really like your videos. I found the video community at about week 3 after my surgery. You and SwitchFocued (who also pops in here) really helped me. Thank you for teaching me about Fathead pizza crust. :)

I went to Dr. Esquerra too btw. Though I'm about a month behind you.

Latest posts

Back