I'M GUNNA BE SWITCHEDDDDDD!!!!!!

And I was 202.2 kg, last on record was 210kg so overall only an 8kg loss over a bloody year but it was still a loss!! I'd like to lose about 8lbs (bout 3kg I think) just cos I want to :)

Oh an nsv, I didn't use my wheelchair. Had to use my walker but easily walked a quarter of a mile going to all the different departments. I'm in agony but I don't even care (going to take codeine soon!) but I did something I haven't been able to do that in at least 5 years with or without a walker :) it's the small things that thrill me!!!

And I was 202.2 kg, last on record was 210kg so overall only an 8kg loss over a bloody year but it was still a loss!! I'd like to lose about 8lbs (bout 3kg I think) just cos I want to :)

Oh an nsv, I didn't use my wheelchair. Had to use my walker but easily walked a quarter of a mile going to all the different departments. I'm in agony but I don't even care (going to take codeine soon!) but I did something I haven't been able to do that in at least 5 years with or without a walker :) it's the small things that thrill me!!!

I am so glad this is all coming together for you. I just hate that it took so long but hey there is no sense crying over spilled milk now. Youre on your way!!!

I am so glad this is all coming together for you. I just hate that it took so long but hey there is no sense crying over spilled milk now. Youre on your way!!!
Exactly. I made it! I kept losing, struggling and giving it my best until 5 days ago when I gave up hope and decided I would die fat. 2 days later my letter came. Everything happens for a reason :)

I'm so
It's nearly 1am. I can't sleeeeep. HAHA. Going to be a long wait til next Friday (preop). I'm going to have to resist grabbing Mr P and kissing him for FINALLY getting to me! As much as I bitch about the wait I endured...the man gave me a chance. I know others in the USA would have done a DS in one go, but that isn't done here on the NHS. I did everything wrong. I gained weight during my 2 year wait for my sleeve and for the pre-op I lost 20lbs max when he wanted 77lbs. And he still did me. I owe that man my life. My weight was a run away train and I felt so helpless and scared....and even though I couldn't pull myself together preop, he still gave me a chance when others would have pushed me out the door and told me to lose weight and come back.

Honestly, I think that's why I have done so well with just a sleeve up until now. I get down, regain, remember the chance I was given by a man who believed I was worth it, I get my head back on straight and lose more. It's been a cycle with me. Most know heavy weights can't hang with just a sleeve and maintain....but I sorta have (yo-yoed, but end up less than before) and that's all because of the letter Mr P wrote after I saw him Feb 2012...he wrote that I have done "extremely well". That meant the world to me because I felt like a failure...in the beginning when the losing is fast, you can't imagine not getting to goal. But it was always the plan to get a DS....so I haven't failed....just doing what we always knew was needed.

I owe Mr. P. my life. Even if just for the sleeve. I was housebound, miserable, ashamed, embarrassed...and trapped. Funny enough, I am now pretty damn disabled and have mobility issues but I would rather be me now than me then.

Anyways, I'm rambling. Exicited insomniac alert lol. I <3 Mr Patel!
made up for you. Tell him I was asking after him Kirstin:). It's been a long time coming but you're on the home stretch now thankfully.

Sending massive hugs. Xxxxx

I'm so

made up for you. Tell him I was asking after him Kirstin:). It's been a long time coming but you're on the home stretch now thankfully.

Sending massive hugs. Xxxxx

No one will tell me WHY I had to wait so long, but omg, Kings is so much BETTER!!!! They have a new ward for fattys so they won't almost kill me this time with 0 protein for 3 weeks!!!! And supposedly they have fatty gowns now...kinda looking forward to it, knowing it will be less stressful that last time. And wow, the blood test department? you take a number and don't have to deal with the grumpy sods anymore....I had my bloodtest within 15 minutes, on a Friday at 4pm! That's a record! :)

Oh I almost knocked a bitch out on the ward after my DS. I swear she was 1cm away from having her head cracked like an egg off the bathroom sink. Some of the staff on the private ward were so fucking useless and hostile that I was glad I would shit acid every 15 mins for three days because I made a point of riding that buzzer when a particular cow was on shift. I didn't tell them I was a Nurse Practitioner and some of the crap they tried to sell me was astonishing. Patel knocked them into shape. His team is in short awesome. Beth is worth her weight in gold.

I know they will look after you well. Pm me if you need me honey.

ofmg. I had a screaming match with a fill in nurse and told her to never come in my room again. She obviously hated fat people and thought I should suffer. The first thing she did? Turned off my fan, but left the old lady next to me alone...her fan was still on. Then, she tried to take away my extra pillows (this is what caused the shouting match) as she said "kings policy was one pillow/a patient". Funny cos the duty nurse GAVE them to me and every other nurse knew I had them but this bitch....a TEMP FILL IN not even a proper bloody nurse, was out to make my life hell. Well....she pushed the wrong buttons. I was in pain and hot and she dared mess with me. I swear to god, I am A LOT more mobile this time and I will chase a nurse, drain and cath in hand, screaming my face off lol.

Marking the end of my sleeve journey. Lots of ups and downs, but I'm happy to be moving on the bigger (smaller!) and better things with my duodenal switch :)

TheSleeveYears_zps95eab7b7.png

WOW, you have come so far on just the sleeve...

I know you are MORE than ready for the rest of your journey to begin!

That's why I made this (I posted it on my facebook): to show people having WLS isn't a case of getting cut and the weight falling off. It is HARD especially with restriction only (with a start weight near 650lbs) and what feels like a huge sleeve at that. But I have worked my ass off to get this far. I've had stalls and regains but I keep getting back up and fighting. I am soooooooo READY for my switch! I'm going to rock the hell out of it and make you all so proud! :)

FYI For yall. Liz (@southernlady) is going to be my cyber angel :) I have her email address and will pass it on to my husband. She will update the important things...like Im alive and kicking :) (In my mind, there isn't going to be an alternative!)

Im sure as soon as the anaesthesia wears off I will be chatting away and filling you in on every painful detail lol.

I really wish my husband was more proactively interested in what is going to happen to me. I basically had to throw the info in his lap. I've been going for the DS since 2008...you would think he would be more interested. My feelings are a bit hurt as I try to learn about things he is into and doing.

Today marks the beginning of my self imposed pre-op plan. (Mr P doesn't do preop diets). My plan is morning protein coffee (and its just as gag-or-riffic as I remember lol), then 3 more protein drinks through out the day and a normie dinner. If I end up starving I will have a few pieces of ham lunch meat and get over it lol. I want to be as low as possible on the 18th.

Latest posts

Back