I'M GUNNA BE SWITCHEDDDDDD!!!!!!

Congratulations. Im glad it is finally happening for you. Are you in the states or in one of those countries that they only do a handful a year?
I'm in the uk and the nhs works on a waitlist basis. So financial crisis + more fat people = long ass waits. I don't even care how long I've had to wait now. My future is in sight!!!!

It's nearly 1am. I can't sleeeeep. HAHA. Going to be a long wait til next Friday (preop). I'm going to have to resist grabbing Mr P and kissing him for FINALLY getting to me! As much as I bitch about the wait I endured...the man gave me a chance. I know others in the USA would have done a DS in one go, but that isn't done here on the NHS. I did everything wrong. I gained weight during my 2 year wait for my sleeve and for the pre-op I lost 20lbs max when he wanted 77lbs. And he still did me. I owe that man my life. My weight was a run away train and I felt so helpless and scared....and even though I couldn't pull myself together preop, he still gave me a chance when others would have pushed me out the door and told me to lose weight and come back.

Honestly, I think that's why I have done so well with just a sleeve up until now. I get down, regain, remember the chance I was given by a man who believed I was worth it, I get my head back on straight and lose more. It's been a cycle with me. Most know heavy weights can't hang with just a sleeve and maintain....but I sorta have (yo-yoed, but end up less than before) and that's all because of the letter Mr P wrote after I saw him Feb 2012...he wrote that I have done "extremely well". That meant the world to me because I felt like a failure...in the beginning when the losing is fast, you can't imagine not getting to goal. But it was always the plan to get a DS....so I haven't failed....just doing what we always knew was needed.

I owe Mr. P. my life. Even if just for the sleeve. I was housebound, miserable, ashamed, embarrassed...and trapped. Funny enough, I am now pretty damn disabled and have mobility issues but I would rather be me now than me then.

Anyways, I'm rambling. Exicited insomniac alert lol. I <3 Mr Patel!

Last edited:
How wonderful! I am going back and reading tings that I missed and this just made my day!
Barb

Thanks! I'm stoked! I have been waiting AGES. I actually left the wls community because I though I would never ever get done. Deleted my youtube channel, deleted my OH, my fb page etc....as I thought this was it. 2 days later I got my letter lol.

Chillin at my preop so far so good. Bp was a little high but I'm also excited and very chatty lol I've been chatting to anyone within earshot and normally I'm a complete introvert so not surprised about bp. Am sat in waiting room for ECG then off to chest X-ray then more bloods and then I can go!!! Thank goodness as I'm starving lol.

Allllll done!!!! ECG looked perfect, lungs are clear, had more bloods drawn and if I don't hear from them I'm to turn up at 6:30am on the 18th!!!!! STOKED!!!! This is really happening for me finally!!!

Latest posts

Back