What's Your Latest "Deadly" Combination?

Razbry

I've had many "deadly" combinations over the years. It's odd, what can have disastrous effects one day or year, can be no problem at another time. So here is my latest: Cheesits and watermelon. I'm willing to give up the Cheesits, but not the watermelon! :laugh:

My deadly combinations also change with time.
But a few over the years...dried figs, dried cherries...most any dried fruits.

Watermelon!! I have been forced to give up it. I was told that fruit producers inject them with whatever water they have on hand to increase the weight, so look for tiny punctures or buy from local people you trust. I stick to fruits I can wash. Clam chowder was my last disaster, but I am not giving it up. I am not sure of the reason, bit I am more sensitive to water from other cities, and can spend the first day of a trip in the bathroom. Apologies to the city of Chicago, but I have never been so attached to porcelain as being there.

It is the only food that actually adore that I will NOT eat (well, hardly ever) because it actually hurts too much - the gas is unspeakable, and the volume and cramping are not worth it, no matter how much I love onion rings and bloomin' onions.

Ice cream.

I might have to rethink this. I had ice cream tonight hoping for a cleansing effect, nothing! I would really like to be "empty" by tomorrow. I fly to Austria on Wednesday. Just the flight from Denver to Frankfurt is 9 1/2 hours. It would be nice to be comfy. Hmm, so now what? I don't live near a Krispy Crème and I can't risk macaroni and cheese, it was two days of colon blasting power. Yep, deadly combo is mac and cheese!

yeah - ice cream for me too - but small amounts don't seem to bother me. but the big CAROL bowl does.
and for some reason iceburg lettuce and strawberries.

Tried 3 pieces of watermelon - holy crap ole!
there is cantaloupe down there right now and it looks and smells so good - but I am 'scert.

After months of constipation and occasional impaction, I thank you all for colon blaster recipes. I have had some tests done and will get the results on the 28th. In the mean time, a change of probiotic and additional fiber are ineffective.

Please share some more colon blasters. I'm serious.

@k9ophile have you tried mag citrate? That stuff will empty almost anyone. And if that doesn't work, can you get the stuff they make people take for pre-colonoscopy bowel prep? If THAT doesn't work, well, I just don't know what to say.

I have added mag citrate after remembering that's what I took for my last colonoscopy prep. I mix Natural Calm powder in my potassium citrate, it helps the taste of the potassium be less gag-worthy. Not as much as in those bottles, so I may need to increase or get a bottle. Flavored and over ice helps. Thanks.

About constipation, dehydration can contribute, especially in this heat. After DS, we are easily prone to dehydration. I always have a "slurpee" size glass of ice water at hand and try to drink one of them between meals. Calcium can slow me down, so if things get out of hand, I might skip calcium for a day or two, and then redouble it after the mountain moves, so to speak. A corned beef sandwich, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Pork spareribs, lots of butter at every meal (like an entire cube over the course of the day) are other sure fire mountain movers. Maybe you aren't eating enough in quantity? Try adding another meal to your day, of fruits and vegetables, to add to the quantity. Sympathies for the pain of this!

Latest posts

Back