Weird body shape (18 jeans/4x tops)

heyclementine

I thought of one more question since my last post.. something I wonder about frequently. I am pre-op and currently close to 360lbs at 5'10'' but I have PCOS and a very weird body shape. To give you an idea, I wear a size 18 in jeans (sometimes even 16) but in tops I usually have to get the largest size I can find. I am very curious what this will mean after surgery. Does this eventually even out as you get closer to your goal weight? Or will I be disproportionate forever?

I know there may not be one answer here, just curious if anyone has had a similar experience or knows anyone who has.

Raising my hand!

Pre-op, I was a 16 pants and a 3x top. Now, I wear a size 6-8 pants depending on brand. And tops are all over. I have some mediums, mostly larges, and some even xlarge.

I sill carry my weight in my midsection and boobs even tho they have decreased in size.

You will still carry more fat in the same areas. You will just be carrying a lot less of it. After you lose all the weight, you could have lipo or some other plastics procedure to even yourself out. And some people do actually lose enough to even it out. But you would probably have to go pretty low to even it out yourself. Also remember some weight will redistribute on it's own. I went through shrink cycles myself!

I had the biggest butt...my brother said you put a plate on it and eat dinner off it. (I forgave him). The butt is totally gone...flat as a pancake. My thighs, however, still look big to me. Lots of flopping skin...I'm OK with it.

I am the same body shape. I now wear a 6 or 7 in jeans and mostly large or x-large in tops at 135# and 5'6".

From my knees to my hips...I know that there is a lot of excess skin and some fat left there. What I don't understand is how my size 6 or 8 pants fit. Maybe I'm mentally not seeing how my legs really look, but I don't think so.

Whatever your problem areas are now, you'll still have that as a "problem" once you're smaller. My belly/panni was always disproportionately larger than the rest of me and I may be smallish now, but my belly is still bigger than the rest of me and makes me go for L or XL tops, or tops and dresses with an empire waist to camouflage it. One day, I'll probably have a plastic surgeon fix it for me, I'll still have extra skin all over, but at least it'll be more even ;)

Latest posts

Back