Vita lady

I do know on another WLS website a vitamin shop has been set up that mimics VitaLady's supplies. I believe it is hooked up through Amazon.
Yes, and I am looking into doing that here to help pay for the site but I haven't yet as I don't want to undercut Vitalady. The OTHER side of that coin, if people are going to go shop on Amazon anyway, why not take advantage of that fact?

More power to you, Southern Lady!

We definitely shop on Amazon more than anywhere else, AmazonSmile, AmazonPrime....go for it! I wish I had thought of the original idea and am surprised VITALADY has been able to be almost exclusive in this area; but it is probably due to her huge knowledge base, and ability to empathize, sympathize, and instruct customers properly, which is more important than moving stock any day!

As you are already such a star at all of those things (and c'mon, you ARE a SOUTHERN LADY!!) I think this would be an excellent next avenue for you! Good luck!

@southernlady I've been buying from Vitalady for years now, as she created such a wonderful one-stop shopping place for us, and also because I want to support her business. I'm still shopping there, but if the time comes (as it seems to have done at least for some of us) when we can't get supplements that we absolutely have to have from her in a timey and consistent manner, that's when people will head more towards Amazon or other sources. I remain hopeful that the Vitalady business will survive and thrive.

I really want to use Vitalady, but find the website difficult. I can never register and always have to put in all my information. Every time. I am about to place an order for everything except Vitamin C, multi and calcium. I think I will just call.

I am almost out of my pre-pack's. It is worth the extra cost to me not to have to sort vitamins. To say I am bummed is an understatement.

@southernlady I've been buying from Vitalady for years now, as she created such a wonderful one-stop shopping place for us, and also because I want to support her business. I'm still shopping there, but if the time comes (as it seems to have done at least for some of us) when we can't get supplements that we absolutely have to have from her in a timey and consistent manner, that's when people will head more towards Amazon or other sources. I remain hopeful that the Vitalady business will survive and thrive.
Larra, that is why I've been hesitant...I do not want to undercut her business . BUT on the other hand, many already use Amazon and if it helps the site, why not?

Ladies, I was very hesitant to make any comments regarding this because I do everything I can to support those small businesses that are SOOO beneficial, especially groundbreaking ones that have done SO MUCH such as Vita-Lady. THAT BEING SAID….Since last Jan, I have tried to order from Vita-Lady THREE different times and actually had to call and complain after waiting 5 weeks or so and never even getting any email updates other than just one “Back-order” notice. I sent an email complaining and then Michelle called me personally and explained their situation, which includes A LOT of health challenges for her and her family that they are dealing with, selling the business etc. AGAIN, I am VERY understanding and patient, BUT, my health is/was at risk too and I needed my Vits, so, I went elsewhere, mostly Amazon and had it all within two days.

So recently, I wanted to help again and decided to try a FOURTH time to buy from them. I ordered the tender iron. I did get it within 10 days or so, but received NO confirmation emails, NO shipping is on the way emails, etc. I was worried I got hosed again and was ready to cancel the order when they just showed up at my door.

My point is….This is WAY TOO IMPORTANT to let emotions come in to play. When we need our Vits, we need our Vits. AND, I require communication, because I/we have to anticipate failure and be able to have a back-up plan. SO…..BUSINESS IS BUSINESS. We all must do we have to do. Amazon has spoiled me for the last 10 yrs or so. Their service, customer service, return policies and the way they run everything is unparalleled in today’s world and as far as I am concerned, they rule this planet!

I wish Michelle, Vita-Lady and her family the absolute best and hope they all come out on top, BUT…AGAIN, either in the interim, and/or in the long term, it appears to this very “Seasoned Business Man” that there is most definitely a void that needs to be filled ASAP.

Ladies, I was very hesitant to make any comments regarding this because I do everything I can to support those small businesses that are SOOO beneficial, especially groundbreaking ones that have done SO MUCH such as Vita-Lady. THAT BEING SAID….Since last Jan, I have tried to order from Vita-Lady THREE different times and actually had to call and complain after waiting 5 weeks or so and never even getting any email updates other than just one “Back-order” notice. I sent an email complaining and then Michelle called me personally and explained their situation, which includes A LOT of health challenges for her and her family that they are dealing with, selling the business etc. AGAIN, I am VERY understanding and patient, BUT, my health is/was at risk too and I needed my Vits, so, I went elsewhere, mostly Amazon and had it all within two days.

So recently, I wanted to help again and decided to try a FOURTH time to buy from them. I ordered the tender iron. I did get it within 10 days or so, but received NO confirmation emails, NO shipping is on the way emails, etc. I was worried I got hosed again and was ready to cancel the order when they just showed up at my door.

My point is….This is WAY TOO IMPORTANT to let emotions come in to play. When we need our Vits, we need our Vits. AND, I require communication, because I/we have to anticipate failure and be able to have a back-up plan. SO…..BUSINESS IS BUSINESS. We all must do we have to do. Amazon has spoiled me for the last 10 yrs or so. Their service, customer service, return policies and the way they run everything is unparalleled in today’s world and as far as I am concerned, they rule this planet!

I wish Michelle, Vita-Lady and her family the absolute best and hope they all come out on top, BUT…AGAIN, either in the interim, and/or in the long term, it appears to this very “Seasoned Business Man” that there is most definitely a void that needs to be filled ASAP.
So if you are already ordering thru Amazon, would you order thru this site to Amazon? Amazon would still be in charge. It would just give this site a small "kickback"

So if you are already ordering thru Amazon, would you order thru this site to Amazon? Amazon would still be in charge. It would just give this site a small "kickback"

I use Amazon a lot but for vitamins I'd be willing to link from BF if it helps the site. This site is such a huge source of info and support I'd gladly add an extra click or two on my end to "give back".

I'm going to search posts for why Vita-lady is selling because I am confused. I have ordered protein from her before and know he long standing history. Does anyone know off-hand why she is selling the business and details of sale? Thanks!

@robs477 I understand completely. We've spent years haranguing potential and new DS'ers over and over about how important the vitamins are, and that the lifetime commitment to taking them is not optional. So we need to know that our sources of these supplements are dependable. In the past, that was the case with Vitalady, and in addition, and on her own time out of the goodness of her heart, she also helped many people with both DS and RNY to understand their needs and fix deficiencies.
So, if you, or anyone else, needs to order from a different source to make sure that you have what you need when you need it, and that you have peace of mind to know that your supplies are available and on the way, I get it. I remain hopeful that someone will continue the Vitalady site, but if not, I will be ordering from Amazon just like everyone else...and if it can be done in such a way that BF gets a benefit from this, that would be great.

Okay, sounds like I need to get busy getting it set up. Won't happen THIS weekend as we are going to visit grandson for his 3rd birthday.

I will be making a separate post on this issue.

Latest posts

Back