Vita lady

Has anyone tried the Sundown Carbynol iron yet? Proboard has an Amazon link to it as a replacement iron product for Tender Iron if needed.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried it yet, and how effective it is.
I am using the Sundown Naturals Perfect Iron... Link is here: http://bariatricfacts.org/pages/store/ and then go to iron. Those are all the possible ones I have found so far or had suggested to me. Something like 4 pages of them.

I don't know how effective yet as I switched to it just about the last time I had labs and I just had new labs last week.

Many DS'ers do not absorb iron anyway so iron infusions is the way most of the vets have gone. I am trying the oral iron to see if I can extend the time between infusions. I had my first set in Sept of last year. I was taking oral iron (Vitalady tablets and Proferrin ES) before the infusion and my iron STILL tanked...

Thanks for letting me know. I noticed that more people were chatting about infusions this last year.

Mine is doing OK, but I'm sure there will come a time when pills are not going to cut it. The thought of not ever having to take iron pills again is nice...

@southernlady - I'm a little worried... I'm still pre-op and while my other iron levels are normal level my ferrittin is really, really low. Would this make the DS dangerous for me? Just trying to make sure I'm not making a life-threatening decision. TIA.

@southernlady - I'm a little worried... I'm still pre-op and while my other iron levels are normal level my ferrittin is really, really low. Would this make the DS dangerous for me? Just trying to make sure I'm not making a life-threatening decision. TIA.
No, it just means you need to address the ferritin level before surgery not after. Start with a hematologist...

Any news on delivery with Vitalady? I need to order some things and have been using other sources till everything smoothed out there.

Any news on delivery with Vitalady? I need to order some things and have been using other sources till everything smoothed out there.
I just ordered 3 bottles of Tender Iron, and she shipped it in 2 days. I have not had anything on back order from her either. But then, I only order the iron from her now. Some times I will order the Bio Tech products from her if her prices are the same as other sites, but usually just the iron.

Latest posts

Back