Update+questions

Ainu

Hello everyone! It's been a while but I'm still kicking.

Tomorrow will be by 4th year post surgery! About 150lbs lost and maintained pretty easily. Doesn't really matter what I eat, I stay around 165.

Anyway, I just had my yearly labs and everything is relatively okay except my zinc. Which may explain my hair loss.

I have been taking 200mg of zinc glu... I actually can't remember the name, but it started with a g. I looked up types of zinc and the internet said zinc picolinate was absorbed more easily so I ordered that and started it today.

I figured did ask you guys if you have any suggestions. I'm a bit surprised that of all the labs, it's zinc that's the problem.

Keep trucking on, guys! Totally worth it.

Funny story, I was looking at my October 2020 zinc results, not the new ones. Oopsies. But on the plus side, I got my actual zinc results and they're in range! Copper is also in range. I'll have to look more into this copper/zinc relationship.

So far, my labs don't seem too bad. Though now I'm sad I can't blame the zinc on my hair loss.

My poor husband sat me down a few weeks ago and told me he's worried about my protein intake because my hair was thinning.

He was so uncomfortable but I appreciate him bringing it up.

Of course I handled it with dignity and told him he was thinning too!

Congratulations.

I take about 300mg of Zinc/day & 18mg Copper/day. Have for years. I never found much difference between the Zincs.

How is your Vitamin A? Is it normal, high normal or low normal?

Tomorrow will be by 4th year post surgery! About 150lbs lost and maintained pretty easily. Doesn't really matter what I eat, I stay around 165.

Happy Surgiversary!

I'm glad it doesn't seem to matter what you eat, but 4 years isn't that far out and things could change. meanwhile, it's wonderful you are doing so well.

I just got my A result earlier today. It's a little low so I'll be adding more of that to my little pill caddies.

My husband is working on getting the surgery too so I'll have to get my diet under control for him. I won't be the one that ruins his chance.

I just got my A result earlier today. It's a little low so I'll be adding more of that to my little pill caddies.

My husband is working on getting the surgery too so I'll have to get my diet under control for him. I won't be the one that ruins his chance.
You want your A mid normal. Otherwise you could deal with night blindness

Considering I'm a bus driver that works third shift...

I'm sorry about not quoting messages, I can't seem to do it on my phone

Latest posts

Back