3 years today!

Ainu

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I last posted and this will probably be short but today is my 3 year anniversary of my DS surgery! I went from 310 pounds to 165 my first year and I've been holding steady at 165 since then. A year and a half ago I had the excess skin removed from my abdomen and the scars are finally fading. I've been working on my core and I'm finally seeing what could possibly be ab definition! I actually have the ab V! You know the one... the big ol' arrow muscles that point to the good stuff ;)

Blood work has been okay. Last time I was low on zinc and high on liver enzymes but I've had a very...very...very rough year and haven't been kind to myself.

Side note about the skin surgery. While I'm so grateful for the incredible boost in confidence I urge anyone and everyone to try and learn to love their body as it is before considering that surgery. It was not a pleasant experience. Also, depending on how good your insurance company is, they may pay for at least a portion of it. I saw the surgeon, told them I wanted it off and my reason way, "it hurt when I exercised." No rashes, no infections, just my word and insurance paid for 70% of it.

Absolutely best decision I have ever made. For all of the reasons you guess know. Keep trucking along. It's hard but 100% worth it in the end.

I guess this wasn't as short as I expected.

Can you elaborate on this? I think I know what you mean but I don’t want to assume.

I'm sorry for the delay. Gmail only wants to sometimes tell me I have responses here.

I'm currently 165 pounds. I keep trying to get to 145lbs because it's right in the middle of my healthy weight range. But despite my efforts I can usually get right below 155 before I go right back up to 165 and stay there. It's easy to maintain 165, so I'm happy about that. Maybe some day I'll see that glorious number.

Latest posts

Back