The weather outside is frightful....

I remember when we lived in MI...had very cold but not to that extent...however, after a month of seriously cold, if it got to 30 outside, you would see people running around in tshirts and shorts!

SwitchedUp... I DO NOT MISS ND WEATHER!!!!! However, don't kick me when I say this but I can actually say it's cold here in NC today!! Good new 2-3 days supposed to be 75 again!! WOO!!!

I think you guys all suck!! Yesterday it was -26 here with a -61 wind chill. School was cancelled for the first time EVER in my lifetime for cold. They described it as "deadly wind chills". Today we are having a heat wave. It is 1 degree with 0 degree wing chill. Yeah, baby! ;) Back to -20 tonight, tho, and hubby works outside in this crap for 13 hours a day. Boo.

I spoke to soon...it has dropped to -4 now lol

5 right now, last night -14. Our furnace decided to bite it after movie night, right before bed.. Work has been called off for the last two days for me and Todd.. so, up till 5am+ for him working on furnace to bypass broken part.. and me lighting every candle and re-finagling the extension cords so I could run both electric fireplaces without tripping the box to keep the house warm in windchills down around -35. I won't lie. I swigged some whiskey when all was stable again. This winter is seeing me turn into a brown bear, hiding from the cold, and eating too damn much, storing a nice layer of fat. Highway south of us is closed both ways due to blowing snow, north the same.. Normally her in Indy they predict crazy weather.. and fail. This time it actually happened and between the neg temps and the foot of snow, the place is paralyzed.. my hubby from upstate NY just smiles and says it's like Rochester.

Minus 41 here in Canada. The Fahrenheit and Celsius scales meet at minus 30-35. So this is a pretty universal temperature read.

It's COLD. Even for hearty northerners.

<--- Self proclaimed weather wuss. I don't know how you guys do it with the cold weather. I'm ever so grateful to live in So. Cal with the weather we have.

(Liz, I'm deliberately not answering your question because doing so would just be cruel. lol)

<--- Self proclaimed weather wuss. I don't know how you guys do it with the cold weather. I'm ever so grateful to live in So. Cal with the weather we have.

(Liz, I'm deliberately not answering your question because doing so would just be cruel. lol)
Okay, dh and I lived in Fullerton for 6 months...me from Sept to March (he was there longer but we got married that Sept)...I remember KNBC informing us it was "BONE CHILLING COLD" and it was 55 outside! I also remember going to an Albertson's and seeing everyone all bundled up like there was a blizzard outside...earmuffs and all. And ALL we had on were lightweight jackets.

We lived in Michigan for 6 years before moving back to the South.

Latest posts

Back