The weather outside is frightful....

Don't hate me because I'm warm ... it was 62 here today.
Considering SOME of the country, WE are balmy here...at almost 0!

I'm partial to all four seasons...and if that means a couple of months of cold...so be it. I LIKE your area, Diana...we just could not live there, TOO DANGED expensive.

Okay, dh and I lived in Fullerton for 6 months...me from Sept to March (he was there longer but we got married that Sept)...I remember KNBC informing us it was "BONE CHILLING COLD" and it was 55 outside! I also remember going to an Albertson's and seeing everyone all bundled up like there was a blizzard outside...earmuffs and all. And ALL we had on were lightweight jackets.

Yes, the weather-people consider 55 degrees "bone chilling", and a weather system moving in that will drop 1/4" of rain puts them on "Storm Watch!" In my defense, I may be a weather wuss but I don't bundle up at 55 degrees. I didn't even own a coat until a few years ago. Lightweight jackets work just fine.

one of the benefits of my DS is my large wardrobe of sweaters, and scarves and hats. Since I am always cold, even in the summer heat, I have lots of layers and accessories to hold off the cold in any season. And many of them are pretty stylish, although people don't pause to look at what others are wearing when it is so bitterly cold.

one of the benefits of my DS is my large wardrobe of sweaters, and scarves and hats. Since I am always cold, even in the summer heat, I have lots of layers and accessories to hold off the cold in any season. And many of them are pretty stylish, although people don't pause to look at what others are wearing when it is so bitterly cold.
Stylish or not, if I am cold, I'll wear it. I have two fugly cardigans I got from my daddy decades ago, I wear one or the other ALMOST all the time.

I did my time in cold country. Between Indiana, Utah, Massachusetts, and 15 long years in Minnesota, I have seen my share of it.

And I am eternally glad I'm out of that mess at last. My patio door is open and we are enjoying the 70 degree weather! For the first time in my life I am living where *I* want to live. Not where a job forced me to live. But, I'm poor now too. The decent jobs always seem to be in places where you don't want to live!

It warmed up a tiny bit for our NYC outing today, but by the time Diana, Charles and I parted ways, the thermometer was dropping like a rock.

Latest posts

Back