The Clothing Closet

I had an idea for clothing and I'm hoping it works. Just wanted to share since spring is around the corner and several of us are having surgery.

I have several maxi "type" dresses. Basically all are loose fitting hipster dresses. I've had them for a long time and found that they fit me at many different sizes. I just bought two new at SAMs this week. I was thinking that I could wear them during the warm weather while I'm losing. I'm at 297 now and have found that they fit me even when I was around the 210-220 mark. It seems like a good way to stay cool and comfortable when it's warm without having to buy/trade a lot of clothes.

I had an idea for clothing and I'm hoping it works. Just wanted to share since spring is around the corner and several of us are having surgery.

I have several maxi "type" dresses. Basically all are loose fitting hipster dresses. I've had them for a long time and found that they fit me at many different sizes. I just bought two new at SAMs this week. I was thinking that I could wear them during the warm weather while I'm losing. I'm at 297 now and have found that they fit me even when I was around the 210-220 mark. It seems like a good way to stay cool and comfortable when it's warm without having to buy/trade a lot of clothes.
You're right, cotton maxi dresses are VERY size forgiving, and one of my favorite things to wear in warmer weather. I'm thinking to look for a couple of belts for the ones that I have that'll be kinda big soon to make them last even a little longer.

I have gigantic feet right now. 11 in womens. I sure hope they shrink!
Cat,

I was flirting with an 11 wide but fit better in a 10.5W before my surgery. I now wear a 9W or plain 9 depending on what kind of shoe it is. Wish I hadn't donated all my old shoes or I'd send you some :)

Just wanted to update on the dress idea!

So far I've used mine in the hosptial and since I've been home. It's a wonderful idea that totally worked for me. No hosptial gowns (that was nice) and the nurses all complimented me on the idea. Now I must say it is also very practical because I can hook my JP drain to it and hide it a little better. Plus with pants (even the soft loose workout kind) I still feel restricted in the tummy and that's the last thing I want to feel right now. I've worn a dress every day since surgery. Literally, my first time up and walking post op last Wednesday I put on a dress before I walked. It made all the difference in the world for me. The dresses I've been wearing the most I got from Sam's Club. They look like beach dresses. Just an FYI if anyone is interested in picking one up :)

Maxi dresses are a great idea, unless you are 5'2" lol. Every once in awhile I find a shorter one otherwise they drag the ground by about 3"-4".

Same deal I proposed to Cat- as long as you put them to good use and pass along anything that's still in good shape after they don't fit you anymore I'll pay for the shipping. Just PM me the address :)

Latest posts

Back