Surprised

Saranlhess

Hi everyone! I just posted this in the Facebook group, so I'm going to go ahead and post it here. It's just a copy and paste because it was super long.

Soooooo I got a really amazing insurance rep this time šŸ¤£

She gave me detailed info (as much as she knew how)

I was told by the medical office on 07/02/2024 that it would take 4-6 weeks for an approval and come to find out, I called in just to ask for an update about the pre-approval, and she said that they just got it yesterday (07/22/2024) at 6:02 p.m.

She said it only takes about 48 hours to approve or deny. (Honestly that's pretty cool to know!)

The other information she gave me I found interesting, but a little worrisome, was the service date on there is the 4th of August. (My medical team didn't give me a date they just said it would be based on availability, which I completely understand)

Now here's what worries me, I was told it's outpatient, and she said it means it's one day. She said there's nothing on there that says laparoscopic but I'm assuming it means laparoscopic considering it's one day. I have no one 18+ to bring me home for a one day outpatient (someone would be required to stay with me).... But I can get medical transportation (no one required to stay with me) if I have more than one day scheduled. (I have a caseworker for my IDHS disability waiver) and I'm between homemakers right now, because I had to fire the last one a week ago.

Is there a SAFE loophole for the last part? I'm in the state alone and my daughter is only 17. The closest person is across the country and can't come because of health issues.

Thank you in advance, I realize this is super long, but this is the only group I trust with this stuff!! šŸ’“

She did give me the description, and I think it may be on my computer still, if not I can call back tomorrow and get it. It did say 50-100cm as part of the description.

(I'm adding this little part, is it normal just to be in the hospital for an outpatient?)

Most DS is done inpatient but insurance companies are pushing to do ā€œoutpatientā€ to avoid paying so much. If you tell them you need more pain control or need more fluids, you might get it pushed another day.

See if you can get a in home nurse for a few days thru your insurance to visit you daily. Maybe your surgical office can help or your caseworker?

congratulations! I think one day is not enough and hope you can figure out getting more if necessary. if they do send you home same day, can you get Home Health nursing to come out? or any other assist?

Most DS is done inpatient but insurance companies are pushing to do ā€œoutpatientā€ to avoid paying so much. If you tell them you need more pain control or need more fluids, you might get it pushed another day.

See if you can get a in home nurse for a few days thru your insurance to visit you daily. Maybe your surgical office can help or your caseworker?
Will do. The service day doesn't seem correct as I still have to do a 4 week liquid diet. I'll inquire with my caseworker this week, unfortunately I won't hear back until next week as he will be in the field all this week he said. I'll email him now so I don't forget.

congratulations! I think one day is not enough and hope you can figure out getting more if necessary. if they do send you home same day, can you get Home Health nursing to come out? or any other assist?
I'm going to look into it, emailing my case worker right now ā˜ŗļø Thank you!

Thank you

A lot of times, the service date is just a placeholder and not the actual date of your surgery, so your actual date will probably be different.

I hope your caseworker is able to help you with getting care. My stay was less than 24 hours, but I was super ready to go home and wasn't having issues beyond the first few hours. Most people stay longer.

I recently had surgery. All of my friends work so I hired someone to pick me up from the hospital, One of the cos. that offered this service was Visiting Nurses. There were others where I lived as well. Perhaps your state has some, too?

I recently had surgery. All of my friends work so I hired someone to pick me up from the hospital, One of the cos. that offered this service was Visiting Nurses. There were others where I lived as well. Perhaps your state has some, too?
I'm definitely looking into his immediately, thank you šŸ’™

Hi everyone! I just posted this in the Facebook group, so I'm going to go ahead and post it here. It's just a copy and paste because it was super long.

Soooooo I got a really amazing insurance rep this time šŸ¤£

She gave me detailed info (as much as she knew how)

I was told by the medical office on 07/02/2024 that it would take 4-6 weeks for an approval and come to find out, I called in just to ask for an update about the pre-approval, and she said that they just got it yesterday (07/22/2024) at 6:02 p.m.

She said it only takes about 48 hours to approve or deny. (Honestly that's pretty cool to know!)

The other information she gave me I found interesting, but a little worrisome, was the service date on there is the 4th of August. (My medical team didn't give me a date they just said it would be based on availability, which I completely understand)

Now here's what worries me, I was told it's outpatient, and she said it means it's one day. She said there's nothing on there that says laparoscopic but I'm assuming it means laparoscopic considering it's one day. I have no one 18+ to bring me home for a one day outpatient (someone would be required to stay with me).... But I can get medical transportation (no one required to stay with me) if I have more than one day scheduled. (I have a caseworker for my IDHS disability waiver) and I'm between homemakers right now, because I had to fire the last one a week ago.

Is there a SAFE loophole for the last part? I'm in the state alone and my daughter is only 17. The closest person is across the country and can't come because of health issues.

Thank you in advance, I realize this is super long, but this is the only group I trust with this stuff!! šŸ’“

She did give me the description, and I think it may be on my computer still, if not I can call back tomorrow and get it. It did say 50-100cm as part of the description.

(I'm adding this little part, is it normal just to be in the hospital for an outpatient?)
Final date is in, August 28th. The surgeon called to confirm. This is tentative as the hospital could cancel and reschedule (they've been known to do it apparently) hopefully that won't be the case.

Liquid diet technically starts tomorrow for the required 4 weeks (required based on my body mass, etc), but I went ahead and started today.

Thank you for all the guidance and support, y'all have been amazing!

Final date is in, August 28th. The surgeon called to confirm. This is tentative as the hospital could cancel and reschedule (they've been known to do it apparently) hopefully that won't be the case.

Liquid diet technically starts tomorrow for the required 4 weeks (required based on my body mass, etc), but I went ahead and started today.

Thank you for all the guidance and support, y'all have been amazing!
Did you work out hiring someone to stay and get you home?

Did you work out hiring someone to stay and get you home?
My case manager confirmed I can take medical transportation home, but I need to tell the medical staff they must call 3 hours before discharge. I was granted a PA with disability services and she started yesterday. So far, so good. Upcoming appointments with a pre-op check with the drink (I was told to buy the drink when I went in) and anesthesia check at the hospital for blood work) another appointment with the dietician, and another appointment with the bariatrian.

Then all my lymphedema wrap appointments, and I notified them that I'll need a 2 week break to heal before coming back for more appointments.

Cardiologist and rheumatologist.

That should be all for the month.

Day 8 of the liquid diet today and I'm at 396 šŸ™‚ (I was crazy excited when I hit 399! I haven't seen under 400 in I don't know how long)

Latest posts

Back