Advice needed

Read your policy.

If necessary, call your insurance company.

Don’t settle for the RNY given your requirement for NSAIDS.
I was finally able to get a hold of someone nice enough on the phone to explain that all the bariatric surgeries require pre authorization. I gave them the codes and she checked each one.

I had the appointment with the surgeon today and he said they usually deny DS (which was odd because he initially sold me on DS saying it's the best for my BMI) so to expect a long appeal process of about 6 months or more.

I haven't checked in here as I got super busy with life and college. I'll try my best to check in more often.

I told him, that's fine, because I put a lot of research and time into DS and I have decided that's the surgery I want for myself. If they deny it, we'll decide from there.

If the surgery isn't done this year, I'm going to decide weather to hold off as I will be relocating to northern TN next year in August.

I take that back, after doing some research I was finally able to find the 2024 member handbook online. I'll be going through it this weekend and contacting the insurance Monday. Update to come ASAP
The handbook was a bust, the only info said to call for information regarding bariatric surgery.

Latest posts

Back