Surgery Tomorrow

Hello everyone, so far have needed very little morphine, I have felt very good actually except for the hiccups but the Dr said that I would have them to get ride of the gas. I was up twice last night for a walk. The pain feels like I got a shoulder pad in the guts, not much different from my HS days. I have to go 36 hrs before I can have water so until then I am getting my I V. I will keep you up to speed.
Happy healing, Jim...and tell your wife thank you for updating us.

Congratulations Jim, and thank you Beth for posting! I'm glad you're doing so well, except for those annoying hiccups. Just do your walking and sipping (when permitted) and you'll do fine.

Hello everyone, so far have needed very little morphine, I have felt very good actually except for the hiccups but the Dr said that I would have them to get ride of the gas. I was up twice last night for a walk. The pain feels like I got a shoulder pad in the guts, not much different from my HS days. I have to go 36 hrs before I can have water so until then I am getting my I V. I will keep you up to speed.
So good to hear from you! I hope things continue to go well for you AND your wife.

Glad all went well with your surgery. Good luck w the trip home. Take care of yourself and stay hydrated through your recovery. I hope it's a quick and easy one. Welcome to the dark side.

Off my IV today, sipping,walking, and resting. I'm a little sore but nothing I need meds for. 2 more days until I go home!✈️
I will tell you this, I had to drink a full bottle of blue dye straight up last night. Nothing used to cut the terrible flavor. by far the worst thing I ever drank. I don't wish that on anyone!

Off my IV today, sipping,walking, and resting. I'm a little sore but nothing I need meds for. 2 more days until I go home!✈️
I will tell you this, I had to drink a full bottle of blue dye straight up last night. Nothing used to cut the terrible flavor. by far the worst thing I ever drank. I don't wish that on anyone!
I'm just thankful they did MY leak test in the OR while I was still out of it.

Glad you survived the leak test. And I know y'all can't wait to go home.

I don't know why they did that to you, poor Jim. Mexicali does THREE leak tests, @southernlady: methylene blue in the OR, again USUALLY mixed with apple juice (but still vile beyond words) two days later, and barium the 4th day.

Latest posts

Back