Sunday Weigh In (8/16/2015)

LW: 229
TW: 229

Weight's the same. Not eating any differently, but I have added in more walking and taking baby steps toward Pilates with a good trainer. I'm just going to keep on keeping on. It'll budge.

@OldBroad Hope a little nursing gets your mom set to rights. Sorry to hear she has been struggling.
Staying put happens on our journey but at your point a thought occurred to me, you may not be eating enough!
How much protein?
How much fat?
How many carbs?

SW 355
LW 271
TW 267
Good for you.

Ha! i forgot to weigh myself before I got dressed and ate breakfast. I'll post tomorrow. I did weigh myself in the middle of the week and I was down a couple of pounds after not losing anything last week, so I'm optimistic.

On an unrelated note, @DianaCox's and my mom is back in a skilled nursing facility. Her cognitive functioning has declined and she hasn't been compliant with her medications and behavior. The edema in her legs is back (with cellulitis), plus she has a UTI. It's possible the mental decline is reversible (it can be caused by the UTI, for example). We remain hopeful that she'll be able to go back to living independently in her apartment after a couple of weeks of nursing care, daily physical therapy, and enforced dietary and medication compliance.

From the BTDT Dept...you need:
-a "hat" for urine collection;
-a bunch of specimen containers;
-one or two lab orders for a urinalysis for Mom...WITH THE DATE MISSING...so YOU can fill in that part;
-someone else nearby...

because...

I used to get VERY frustrated, grit my teeth and spew something like, "I'll call you back in a while, Mom!"

And my husband would very calmly say, "Oh! Grandma needs to pee in a bottle again?"

So, HE could tell from my reaction to her absolute craziness, that there was a raging UTI...usually going septic systemically.

Just sayin'...

Last edited:
Hi. First time posting. Surgery weight 252 lbs. This week at surgeon's office 208. lbs. Not yet getting on home scale. Fully expecting the dreaded 3-4week stall.

Staying put happens on our journey but at your point a thought occurred to me, you may not be eating enough!
How much protein?
How much fat?
How many carbs?

I am getting 100g protein on average (almost all from food now, except for 1 scoop of protein powder in my greek yogurt smoothie in the morning).
50-60 g fat (I don't aim for any number really, I just use full fat everything and then track it.)
50 carbs (mostly from whole fruit or beans, sometimes a couple tortilla chips for scooping up some protein or other)

My tracker says my calories are at about 950-1000 a day, but again, I just aim for protein, and that is where it is falling when I am full. My nut said to aim for 800 cals, but I am convinced he stopped learning about food in the early 1980's and knows nothing about DS eating.

Now that my comorbidities are all resolved, I am honestly not stressing this stall, but I would really love any input given that my CC is just a little longer than yours. Ready to learn.

Didn't get to weigh. Both of my darn scales batteries are dead. @$*@$!!!!.

But on the other hand I brought some Capri size 12 and they were to big. So I took them back drum roll please....... I got a size 6. Like wow was I surprised. I've been purchasing smalls and mediums from Walmart but like dresses so I've always brought dresses smaller than my true size. But size 6 wow amazing.

Sorry about your Mother OB & DIana

I didn't weight myself at 3:30 this morning when getting up to head to the airport, but yesterday I was up to 186 for some reason. I have gained back 9 of the 17 pounds I had lost in 3 weeks and don't have a clue. Diet hasn't changed at all

Regarding carbs, maybe it is my system, but they just don't impact me like they do others. Maybe that will change after my surgery but we shall see.

Last two weeks: 283
Today: 278.8

Whew! That's a relief! Onward and upward (or maybe downward, in size)!

I am getting 100g protein on average (almost all from food now, except for 1 scoop of protein powder in my greek yogurt smoothie in the morning).
50-60 g fat (I don't aim for any number really, I just use full fat everything and then track it.)
50 carbs (mostly from whole fruit or beans, sometimes a couple tortilla chips for scooping up some protein or other)

My tracker says my calories are at about 950-1000 a day, but again, I just aim for protein, and that is where it is falling when I am full. My nut said to aim for 800 cals, but I am convinced he stopped learning about food in the early 1980's and knows nothing about DS eating.

Now that my comorbidities are all resolved, I am honestly not stressing this stall, but I would really love any input given that my CC is just a little longer than yours. Ready to learn.

Maybe it's time to start adding a bit more fat. Read this: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/fats-are-not-the-enemy.3185/ I would also aim for just a bit more protein, like 120 grams.

And there are some of us who need higher amounts of carbs, others lower. You could be in either of those camps.
As far as common channel, mine is 175 which is longer than the average DS'er.

But on the other hand I brought some Capri size 12 and they were to big. So I took them back drum roll please....... I got a size 6. Like wow was I surprised. I've been purchasing smalls and mediums from Walmart but like dresses so I've always brought dresses smaller than my true size. But size 6 wow amazing.
THAT is the type of Sunday Weigh In I LIKE...THE NSV that just blows you away. Good going, Charris!

Sorry about your Mother OB & DIana

I didn't weight myself at 3:30 this morning when getting up to head to the airport, but yesterday I was up to 186 for some reason. I have gained back 9 of the 17 pounds I had lost in 3 weeks and don't have a clue. Diet hasn't changed at all

Regarding carbs, maybe it is my system, but they just don't impact me like they do others. Maybe that will change after my surgery but we shall see.

Okay, so you are currently bouncing all over. Good luck tomorrow. You are in all our thoughts. Once cleared for solids again, start slowly on the carbs. It may not change but then again, it could be an issue. You will know when you get there. :)

Maybe it's time to start adding a bit more fat. Read this: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/fats-are-not-the-enemy.3185/ I would also aim for just a bit more protein, like 120 grams.

And there are some of us who need higher amounts of carbs, others lower. You could be in either of those camps.
As far as common channel, mine is 175 which is longer than the average DS'er.

Ok, thanks. I read the thread, and will up my fat and protein a bit. Do you try to adhere to any calorie range, or just focus on macros?

See, we are the same, I am a size 6 in most stuff now too! Way to go!

@newanatomy how much more weight do you want to loose? I weighed at work today with clothes on. It said 141.4 so I assume I'm about 150 once I get hydrated properly. Me and this dehydration loose the 10 pounds then gain it back uggh! Last week I was 149. So we will see I will but some batteries by Friday.

@newanatomy how much more weight do you want to loose? I weighed at work today with clothes on. It said 141.4 so I assume I'm about 150 once I get hydrated properly. Me and this dehydration loose the 10 pounds then gain it back uggh! Last week I was 149. So we will see I will but some batteries by Friday.

My original goal was 145. I was hoping to get to a little under that to build a little cushion for bounce-back. I was 151 this morning (pre-poo). I just keep bouncing around. I haven't been good since being on Atkins before my trip. I will need to get serious again soon if I want to hit goal. I would just hate to have done all of this, and have gotten within 3 pounds, without ever hitting goal. It is just a mental thing!

Latest posts

Back