Sunday Weigh In (8/16/2015)

Ha! i forgot to weigh myself before I got dressed and ate breakfast. I'll post tomorrow. I did weigh myself in the middle of the week and I was down a couple of pounds after not losing anything last week, so I'm optimistic.

On an unrelated note, @DianaCox's and my mom is back in a skilled nursing facility. Her cognitive functioning has declined and she hasn't been compliant with her medications and behavior. The edema in her legs is back (with cellulitis), plus she has a UTI. It's possible the mental decline is reversible (it can be caused by the UTI, for example). We remain hopeful that she'll be able to go back to living independently in her apartment after a couple of weeks of nursing care, daily physical therapy, and enforced dietary and medication compliance.

Ha! i forgot to weigh myself before I got dressed and ate breakfast. I'll post tomorrow. I did weigh myself in the middle of the week and I was down a couple of pounds after not losing anything last week, so I'm optimistic.

On an unrelated note, @DianaCox's and my mom is back in a skilled nursing facility. Her cognitive functioning has declined and she hasn't been compliant with her medications and behavior. The edema in her legs is back (with cellulitis), plus she has a UTI. It's possible the mental decline is reversible (it can be caused by the UTI, for example). We remain hopeful that she'll be able to go back to living independently in her apartment after a couple of weeks of nursing care, daily physical therapy, and enforced dietary and medication compliance.
I am sorry about your & Diana's mom. I hope she is able to get back to living independently again. But you and Diana and any other family members need to make a back up plan just in case.

As to your weight, you are doing awesome...yeah, I have to be very aware as to getting my weight on Sunday...dressed isn't so bad but after you eat or drink, it's not worth it.

Happy, moods are good- weight is going down, and since kicking the excess carbs & crap out the door, no more cravings.. I'll take it.

High fat/low carb path makes me feel the best. One day off track can just create a huge effect on my both my moods and cravings (down on one, waaay up on the other.. feedback loop effect ensues if I don't pull myself physically away from it fast enough.) I am way overstimulated by sugar and grains, but they never create self-limiting true satisfaction like a nice fatty ribeye does- so it becomes a hole that I shovel more into, and feel like crap more and more while I do it! Gah!

Last week 151.8
This week 148.8
Loss of 3 pounds

I have not been good, this loss is just dumping the water weight I picked up while traveling. I was going to go back on Atkins this week but, I am not ready. I just want to eat right now, lol.

I am sorry that your mom is having a hard time. I hope she improves soon.

Happy, moods are good- weight is going down, and since kicking the excess carbs & crap out the door, no more cravings.. I'll take it.

High fat/low carb path makes me feel the best. One day off track can just create a huge effect on my both my moods and cravings (down on one, waaay up on the other.. feedback loop effect ensues if I don't pull myself physically away from it fast enough.) I am way overstimulated by sugar and grains, but they never create self-limiting true satisfaction like a nice fatty ribeye does- so it becomes a hole that I shovel more into, and feel like crap more and more while I do it! Gah!
Glad you are getting the carb cravings under control. It's very hard. And so glad to see your mood is good.

Last week 151.8
This week 148.8
Loss of 3 pounds

I have not been good, this loss is just dumping the water weight I picked up while traveling. I was going to go back on Atkins this week but, I am not ready. I just want to eat right now, lol.

You're doing good tho...even tho it is just water weight right now.

Glad you are getting the carb cravings under control. It's very hard. And so glad to see your mood is good.

I'm trying to untangle whether the mood is driving me to self-medicate with the grains/sugar thing or eating that as a treat creates the mood spiral and cravings. From remembering past indulgences, I think it's the latter.. I eat it because it's there, or looks good, etc.. then the reaction sets off the intense intrusive (seriously, intrusive) cravings and erratic moods/depression. If I avoid it, and go low carb, eat fatty, and get my protein in, the cravings (all of them) go away. Just like a food allergy, I need to keep in mind how certain foods effect me- I need to treat it like that.

I have the same problem! If I eat simple carbs in the morning (staff room baked goods), it sets off a chain reaction all day and I can't seem to stop the Avalanche. I feel like crap and am in a pissy mood till I go to bed. I really do try not to start my day off like that. Now if I have eaten plenty of protein all day and stayed away from simple carbs, I may have a candy or cookie or some ice cream in the evening. Not sure what the attraction is because I never do like the effect! Grrr!

Last edited:
LW: 229
TW: 229

Weight's the same. Not eating any differently, but I have added in more walking and taking baby steps toward Pilates with a good trainer. I'm just going to keep on keeping on. It'll budge.

@OldBroad Hope a little nursing gets your mom set to rights. Sorry to hear she has been struggling.

Latest posts

Back