Sunday Weigh In (8/11/2024)

I hope your care team has a plan so you can travel safely. Are you staying off it as much as possible? should you have a brace for support? For sure you shouldn't be carrying things up stairs!

I'm trying to stay off it as much as possible, but not sure how I am going to do this college move-in without a ton of walking around. It's in an urban area where parking is very difficult and we think renting a car may make for more walking. At present, I basically just hold my left leg stiff and only bend the right one when walking. We will get a wheelchair at the airports. Trying to find out if we can hire movers to help. Not sure yet about the logistics. Thank you!

I can comment on joint effusion (it means there is fluid on the joint due to an injury) I've had the same wording on my recent CT of my right knee earlier this year.

I hope they review your results in the morning and give you a call. If not tomorrow, please reach out to the office ASAP before you travel because I'm worried about you going up the stairs and lifting things with that injury.

I agree with Jackie about a brace as a stabilizer. Definitely mention it to the Doctor (or even OTC if need be, it will help with the limping and give you support) but if the Doctor will Rx it, insurance may just cover it for you.
I'm so excited for your daughter 🤍 sending hugs because I know what's in your heart right now 🤍
Thank you. You're right - my heart is hurting a lot more than my knee right now; such a bittersweet time. We are overjoyed that her hard work paid off with admission to her dream school and know that it will be a wonderful growth experience, but we will miss her terribly. I'm hoping your migraine is resolved now and won't come back!

Just got a call from the doc. You are both right on the brace. I'm returning to his office on Thursday for a brace fitting. The challenge is that I have lipedema/lymphedema and haven't been wearing my compression stockings or getting the wrapping and MLD sessions for a long time due to life getting in the way, so it is hard to find a brace that will properly fit my columnar legs. He also wants to give a cortisone shot, but is not sure he'll do it before the trip because he says sometimes it causes increased pain for a few days before it starts helping with pain. We'll see!

I'm trying to stay off it as much as possible, but not sure how I am going to do this college move-in without a ton of walking around. It's in an urban area where parking is very difficult and we think renting a car may make for more walking. At present, I basically just hold my left leg stiff and only bend the right one when walking. We will get a wheelchair at the airports. Trying to find out if we can hire movers to help. Not sure yet about the logistics. Thank you!

Thank you. You're right - my heart is hurting a lot more than my knee right now; such a bittersweet time. We are overjoyed that her hard work paid off with admission to her dream school and know that it will be a wonderful growth experience, but we will miss her terribly. I'm hoping your migraine is resolved now and won't come back!

Just got a call from the doc. You are both right on the brace. I'm returning to his office on Thursday for a brace fitting. The challenge is that I have lipedema/lymphedema and haven't been wearing my compression stockings or getting the wrapping and MLD sessions for a long time due to life getting in the way, so it is hard to find a brace that will properly fit my columnar legs. He also wants to give a cortisone shot, but is not sure he'll do it before the trip because he says sometimes it causes increased pain for a few days before it starts helping with pain. We'll see!
I'm glad that you finally have an answer now. I will try the airports is a fantastic idea anything that can keep you off of your feet will help.

I have lymphedema (recently diagnosed and just started wrapping, 4th session next week) so I completely understand how hard it is to get a brace. Especially what the time constraint right now..

I'm so excited for her, she works so hard for her dream and succeeded. I'm so proud of her! 😊

Please keep us updated on the cortisone shot.

Latest posts

Back