Sunday Weigh In (5/30/2021) Memorial Day

Our dog has cancer and it’s progressing more rapidly than we thought, it’s moved to her lungs and breathing has become difficult.
I'm very sorry.

I have an internet friend who once wrote an excellent post about how to decide when it's time to have a dog euthanized and I wish I could find it to link to it. she said it really well and I had an easier time with the decision that last time I had to make it after reading what she said.

the bottom line is, people worry about doing it "too soon" and instead we should worry about too late.

if a dog is suffering, that is the time. but you know this.

:5grouphug:

I haven’t weighed in a few days, everything in my personal life has been off-kilter. That said, I’m not eating poorly, I’m just not eating much at all. I’ve been getting one shake a day in and not the 2 I prefer. Foods have been OK overall, just not eating much. I’ll return to my regularscheduled program soon, I hope.

I used to struggle with eating any emotion I came across and after my surgery that went away. It’s crept back in the past couple of years and I think led to a lot of my weight gain. Right now I feel like I’m hanging on by my fingertips and it’s odd to not be eating. Not right either. I’ll figure it out.
I know it’s hard but you must eat and take care of yourself.
Our dog has cancer and it’s progressing more rapidly than we thought, it’s moved to her lungs and breathing has become difficult. She is carried nearly everywhere and at 40 pounds that’s hard on me. It’s just very stressful. The vet indicated we really only have a couple weeks before it becomes critical.

My work is also busy and I’m working on a promotion and I’m supposed to travel to CA for a week on the 16th. A lot of things colliding.
I am so sorry to hear this. Deciding when is hard. But it’s one of the costs of having a furry friend with a shorter lifespan. In loving them, we know there will a time when we have to decide when it’s time. We waited too long on one of our cats. We could visibly see her body relax once the sleep meds had been administered. That told me she had been ready for quite some time.

I'm very sorry.

I have an internet friend who once wrote an excellent post about how to decide when it's time to have a dog euthanized and I wish I could find it to link to it. she said it really well and I had an easier time with the decision that last time I had to make it after reading what she said.

the bottom line is, people worry about doing it "too soon" and instead we should worry about too late.

if a dog is suffering, that is the time. but you know this.

:5grouphug:

thank you. Yes, the vet said a couple weeks but she wants us to actually schedule it so we can prepare. It’s easier when you know their status and prior to yesterday we didn’t really know how much she’d progressed. We could see it because we live with her but the reality was worse than we thought.

I know it’s hard but you must eat and take care of yourself.

I am so sorry to hear this. Deciding when is hard. But it’s one of the costs of having a furry friend with a shorter lifespan. In loving them, we know there will a time when we have to decide when it’s time. We waited too long on one of our cats. We could visibly see her body relax once the sleep meds had been administered. That told me she had been ready for quite some time.

Certainly! The vet we spoke with used to do emergency vet services and said the worst thing to do is wait until the dog goes critical and then need to let them go in the chaos of an emergency situation. I wholeheartedly agree with that. We know our time is limited and we are still processing but will make the decision soon.

As for me, yes, I need to think about me a bit more and just her. It’s tough. We will get through it.

Latest posts

Back