Sunday Weigh In (5/30/2021) Memorial Day

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 142
This week 141 which with my current height is still a normal BMI. My normal slide backwards by 4 lbs due to the loss of a full inch since I signed in for surgery 10 plus years ago.

Celebrate the coming of summer today, but remember why we have this holiday. It’s to remember those who died for our country.

Celebrate that these men and women were willing, just as I was, to hand over a blank check to this country. The biggest check they would ever write. Their check was cashed, (mine was returned) so it may seem odd to some that we 'celebrate' Memorial Day.

https://www.history.com/topics/holidays/memorial-day-history

:wavingflag::flaguk: Okay, not my intention for the Canadian one to be so small. The person who made the gif did that.

Happy Memorial Day!

I will try to rememeber to weigh myself tomorrow but I'm pretty sure I'm about where I've been. not up, not down. my pants tell the story!

Last Week: 232
This Week: 229

I thought I had not lost this week and was surprised when I looked back to last week's weigh in thread and saw I had weighed 232. I still feel so fat though. I can't even think about how uncomfortable I was where I started at 306.

Last Week: 232
This Week: 229

I thought I had not lost this week and was surprised when I looked back to last week's weigh in thread and saw I had weighed 232. I still feel so fat though. I can't even think about how uncomfortable I was where I started at 306.
You are doing great.

Ciao a tutti! Long time no see. Well, now I have an actual place of residence - and slightly tighter pants that I'd like - I decided to buy some scales and get back into keeping myself accountable here. Now that winter is done and lockdown has lifted (and the thrill of Italian pastries and pasta has worn off), I'm feeling a lot more like cooking and getting back to a routine. The lab I work in has a proper sit-down lunch every day, with most people packing things from home, so it's definitely a supportive environment. The 7km of walking to/from the university, and the lack of snacking culture here, also are pleasant surprises.

I got down to the low-to-mid 60kgs range in 2018, and I'm keen to get back there, or at least lose the inches so my clothes hang in a more flattering way.

TW: 68.9kg / 152 lbs

Ciao a tutti! Long time no see. Well, now I have an actual place of residence - and slightly tighter pants that I'd like - I decided to buy some scales and get back into keeping myself accountable here. Now that winter is done and lockdown has lifted (and the thrill of Italian pastries and pasta has worn off), I'm feeling a lot more like cooking and getting back to a routine. The lab I work in has a proper sit-down lunch every day, with most people packing things from home, so it's definitely a supportive environment. The 7km of walking to/from the university, and the lack of snacking culture here, also are pleasant surprises.

I got down to the low-to-mid 60kgs range in 2018, and I'm keen to get back there, or at least lose the inches so my clothes hang in a more flattering way.

TW: 68.9kg / 152 lbs
Welcome back. Just because the world was in lock down, doesn’t mean we were :)

Sounds like working at the lab is good for you.

Last Week: Don't know for sure, 128 or so?
This Week: haven't looked.

I don't think I've gained much actual weight, maybe a few pounds. Eating whatever I want though I'm finding the restriction which is still very apparent even three-years out of surgery is an obstacle to gaining much needed weight. I have about a 6.5 oz capacity per the cottage-cheese test.

I'm still fitting comfortably in my 29-inch jeans which I like, but I'd like them to get just a bit snug, I guess.

I'm eating a lot of high-fat/fibre-rich foods but sugar tends to make me feel unwell - maybe it's because I was strict keto before - but that's an issue because sugar/simple carbs is what will put on weight, but I have trouble eating enough quantities of that because of the gastro-intestinal distress that it tends to cause (think many trips to the restroom) but I'm trying to push through it. As I've been eating more fat I see the "sheen" and oil droplets in the toilet, which I'm generally happy about - but it's not helpful right now!

I'm starting to think Dr. Ganta did a mighty-fine job on my DS - perhaps overly good.

Otherwise everything is good and I feel good!

Last edited:
Last Week: Don't know for sure, 128 or so?
This Week: haven't looked.

I don't think I've gained much actual weight, maybe a few pounds. Eating whatever I want though I'm finding the restriction which is still very apparent even three-years out of surgery is an obstacle to gaining much needed weight. I have about a 6.5 oz capacity per the cottage-cheese test.

I'm still fitting comfortably in my 29-inch jeans which I like, but I'd like them to get just a bit snug, I guess.

I'm eating a lot of high-fat/fibre-rich foods but sugar tends to make me feel unwell - maybe it's because I was strict keto before - but that's an issue because sugar/simple carbs is what will put on weight, but I have trouble eating enough quantities of that because of the gastro-intestinal distress that it tends to cause (think many trips to the restroom) but I'm trying to push through it. As I've been eating more fat I see the "sheen" and oil droplets in the toilet, which I'm generally happy about - but it's not helpful right now!

I'm starting to think Dr. Ganta did a mighty-fine job on my DS - perhaps overly good.

Otherwise everything is good and I feel good!
I’m glad you are feeling better.
I know of one person who took to eating a couple of Reese’s PB cups. My husband and I found a keto-friendly version of those. Found them at Sam’s. I don’t do more than 2 in a day on the days I do indulge because of the artificial sweeteners. Every kind bothers me, I have to use plain old table sugar or honey.

Btw, I still have restriction at 10 years out. I never pushed my stomach to accept more. I just eat more often.

I’m glad you are feeling better.
I know of one person who took to eating a couple of Reese’s PB cups. My husband and I found a keto-friendly version of those. Found them at Sam’s. I don’t do more than 2 in a day on the days I do indulge because of the artificial sweeteners. Every kind bothers me, I have to use plain old table sugar or honey.

Btw, I still have restriction at 10 years out. I never pushed my stomach to accept more. I just eat more often.

Reese's peanut butter cups is what contributed to my weight gain in 2020 which started all this - perhaps I should return to them!

I don't doubt you have restriction 10-years out. I think the idea of "stretching" a stomach is an over-blown fear. I've often eaten "one bite too many" and still have good restriction- perhaps too good considering our malabsorption. Like you though, more often than not, I tend not to push my capacity - because it's really uncomfortable when that happens.

Reese's peanut butter cups is what contributed to my weight gain in 2020 which started all this - perhaps I should return to them!

I don't doubt you have restriction 10-years out. I think the idea of "stretching" a stomach is an over-blown fear. I've often eaten "one bite too many" and still have good restriction- perhaps too good considering our malabsorption. Like you though, more often than not, I tend not to push my capacity - because it's really uncomfortable when that happens.
One bite past full just sends me into a sneezing fit but a couple of times over the years, I’ve pushed til I was truly uncomfortable. I seriously try not to do that but my issue, preop, was not so much what I ate but how much of it.

Last edited:
I haven’t weighed in a few days, everything in my personal life has been off-kilter. That said, I’m not eating poorly, I’m just not eating much at all. I’ve been getting one shake a day in and not the 2 I prefer. Foods have been OK overall, just not eating much. I’ll return to my regularscheduled program soon, I hope.

I used to struggle with eating any emotion I came across and after my surgery that went away. It’s crept back in the past couple of years and I think led to a lot of my weight gain. Right now I feel like I’m hanging on by my fingertips and it’s odd to not be eating. Not right either. I’ll figure it out.

I'm sorry to hear it and hope you can figure this out. major life stress?

Our dog has cancer and it’s progressing more rapidly than we thought, it’s moved to her lungs and breathing has become difficult. She is carried nearly everywhere and at 40 pounds that’s hard on me. It’s just very stressful. The vet indicated we really only have a couple weeks before it becomes critical.

My work is also busy and I’m working on a promotion and I’m supposed to travel to CA for a week on the 16th. A lot of things colliding.

Latest posts

Back