Sunday Weigh In (4/26/2015)

OK, here's my first Sunday weigh in. I'm 13 days post-op and my pre-surgery weight was 352. 328.8 this morning.

So, today it's 327. "Only" down 1.8 lbs. I'm still pretty OK with that, but now I'm worried about the dreaded 3-week stall (tomorrow will be three weeks since surgery). I've read and heard from @DianaCox so I won't be surprised.

could be worse! I continue to be stable, and yet no pony. :p
No pony??? Oh NO! Glad you're stable.
So, today it's 327. "Only" down 1.8 lbs. I'm still pretty OK with that, but now I'm worried about the dreaded 3-week stall (tomorrow will be three weeks since surgery). I've read and heard from @DianaCox so I won't be surprised.
Don't fret over it, if it happens, it happens. You are still doing good.

And take measurements every month. The months I had very little scale movement were the months I dropped sizes. Seems our bodies can't do both! :)

Creeping up a bit, but I am okay with it. I have some internal issues that are keeping me from exercising right now, but hopefully as my absorption gets better that will resolve. The Creon even though I am on Welchol which helps, still makes my pooping system a mess and has caused a chronic fissure for which I saw a surgeon 45 days ago and he gave me an ointment that relaxes the sphincter and helps to promote healing. It seems to be slowly improving but not all the way there yet as if I have a busy day in the pooping business it seems to "reinjure" the fissure...but all in all I think I am improving but I still think I am going to need surgery for internal hemorrhoids that are exacerbating the problem.

Anyway, sorry for the TMI just hope that my story can maybe help provide information to others who may be dealing with fissure/roid issues.

Weight today 190

LW 122
TW 124

Bounce Back? Muscle gain? Starting month 2 of strength training 6 days a week. Trying to remain calm about the gain, and focus on the fact that my clothes are not any tighter and that I MUST strengthen my bones and build more overall strength. Just old demons keep creeping into my head. :dontknow:

Creeping up a bit, but I am okay with it. I have some internal issues that are keeping me from exercising right now, but hopefully as my absorption gets better that will resolve. The Creon even though I am on Welchol which helps, still makes my pooping system a mess and has caused a chronic fissure for which I saw a surgeon 45 days ago and he gave me an ointment that relaxes the sphincter and helps to promote healing. It seems to be slowly improving but not all the way there yet as if I have a busy day in the pooping business it seems to "reinjure" the fissure...but all in all I think I am improving but I still think I am going to need surgery for internal hemorrhoids that are exacerbating the problem.

Anyway, sorry for the TMI just hope that my story can maybe help provide information to others who may be dealing with fissure/roid issues.

Weight today 190

Scott, you are doing good with your weight. The other, if it needs surgery, it needs surgery.

LW 122
TW 124

Bounce Back? Muscle gain? Starting month 2 of strength training 6 days a week. Trying to remain calm about the gain, and focus on the fact that my clothes are not any tighter and that I MUST strengthen my bones and build more overall strength. Just old demons keep creeping into my head. :dontknow:

Tell your demons to TAKE A HIKE! You are doing just fine.

Hello all,

TW: 120
LW: 121

Another Painful "Spasm" last week. PreVesed has helped with the daily acid so maybe I just need more of it...Dr. K has ordered a Upper GI. I wish I was able to travel and have him do it. I am very nervous having another Doc route around. Monday PCP, then meet the Gastro to schedule the Procedure.

Wish me luck

Whit

Hello all,

TW: 120
LW: 121

Another Painful "Spasm" last week. PreVesed has helped with the daily acid so maybe I just need more of it...Dr. K has ordered a Upper GI. I wish I was able to travel and have him do it. I am very nervous having another Doc route around. Monday PCP, then meet the Gastro to schedule the Procedure.

Wish me luck

Whit
Swinging critters for you. Hope they find out what is wrong.

You may be hitting the stall early, since you were on a pre-op liquid low calorie diet, so your "starvation" (and thus using up your glycogen) was more than 3 weeks ago already. Don't worry about it yet - it is not a race, it's a marathon. You'll get there when you get there (not that it is not gratifying to see results - we totally get that - but that's why I told you to take pix and measurements!).

Latest posts

Back