Sunday Weigh In (11/29/2015)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry I'm behind.

Down in Tallahassee visiting my sister (the vet) and her dh so no weight for me this week.

But just finished a 3 mile walk around a lake with dogs!

Liz

LW: 258.8
TW: 257.0

Woohoo! I'm pleased. I'm extra pleased because I didn't do anything different this week. Which means that I can eat 75-100g carbs and still lose.

Sounds like fun Liz I am on my way out to walk the doggies by the bay soon. Then decorate my house for the "Holidays".
Great progress OB.

LW: 129.5
TW: 127.5

I have cut back on sugar, upped protein, been taking vitamins religiously, and reduced carbs. Oh and all most eliminated alcohol completely.
I guess it is working...oh no work this past week resulting in reduced stress level hasn't hurt either...

Have a great week.

Whit

Last week 155
This week 150.4
Total loss of 4.6

While that is pretty exciting, I know it is not my norm. I will probably have to watch that bounce back up to 155. I have been busy cooking, cleaning and decorating for the holidays so, I am probably a little dehydrated. I also had a huge BM yesterday, feel so much lighter, lol.

LW BMI: 35.1
TW BMI: 34.4

Egads. I gained a half pound last night (!!!) after I ate a cup of cream soup for lunch and a 1/4c of watermelon for dinner (which I threw up) yesterday. My total calories for the day were 420, up from 300 the past 3 weeks. And I gained a half pound. As we all know, there is little sense in calories vs weight.

Still on liquids, Thanksgiving was a non-event for me. I bought the whole thing from Whole Foods for the family. I thought I'd feel less like a mom or something by doing so but, ha, I'll do it again. (I did make a cake. Strange not to taste things as I baked.)

Tuesday begins soft foods. Really looking forward to a soft boiled egg.

Oh, down a pants size.

LW 275.6
TW 271.0

Making up for losing less than a pound last week. Hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving. Despite daily challenges, much to be thankful for!

Have a good week - December already....

LW: 248
TW: 245

I ate carbs and the world didn't come crashing down! I had a dinner roll. I had stuffing. I had one bite of pie (and I do mean literally one bite). I ate mostly protein but I was determined not to feel deprived on Thanksgiving and I really didn't! And I lost more weight this week than I usually do. WIN! :D

LW: 258.8
TW: 257.0

Woohoo! I'm pleased. I'm extra pleased because I didn't do anything different this week. Which means that I can eat 75-100g carbs and still lose.
WTG! Keep on keeping on.

Sounds like fun Liz I am on my way out to walk the doggies by the bay soon. Then decorate my house for the "Holidays".
Great progress OB.

LW: 129.5
TW: 127.5

I have cut back on sugar, upped protein, been taking vitamins religiously, and reduced carbs. Oh and all most eliminated alcohol completely.
I guess it is working...oh no work this past week resulting in reduced stress level hasn't hurt either...

Have a great week.

Whit
WTG, Whit...stress can add lbs...so reducing it is a win!
LW 127
TW 127

It is simply glorious to be able to eat what I want at Thanksgiving and still maintain my weight. Of course I did focus on protein first, but pie? Oh my!

Good job OB and Whit!
Good on maintaining! Isn't it marvelous to be able to enjoy holidays without guilt?
Last week 155
This week 150.4
Total loss of 4.6

While that is pretty exciting, I know it is not my norm. I will probably have to watch that bounce back up to 155. I have been busy cooking, cleaning and decorating for the holidays so, I am probably a little dehydrated. I also had a huge BM yesterday, feel so much lighter, lol.
Good for you. Push fluids!
LW BMI: 35.1
TW BMI: 34.4

Egads. I gained a half pound last night (!!!) after I ate a cup of cream soup for lunch and a 1/4c of watermelon for dinner (which I threw up) yesterday. My total calories for the day were 420, up from 300 the past 3 weeks. And I gained a half pound. As we all know, there is little sense in calories vs weight.

Still on liquids, Thanksgiving was a non-event for me. I bought the whole thing from Whole Foods for the family. I thought I'd feel less like a mom or something by doing so but, ha, I'll do it again. (I did make a cake. Strange not to taste things as I baked.)

Tuesday begins soft foods. Really looking forward to a soft boiled egg.

Oh, down a pants size.
Great NSV!
LOL, losing a size and gaining a lb was very common in my journey.
LW 275.6
TW 271.0

Making up for losing less than a pound last week. Hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving. Despite daily challenges, much to be thankful for!

Have a good week - December already....
You did great!
LW: 248
TW: 245

I ate carbs and the world didn't come crashing down! I had a dinner roll. I had stuffing. I had one bite of pie (and I do mean literally one bite). I ate mostly protein but I was determined not to feel deprived on Thanksgiving and I really didn't! And I lost more weight this week than I usually do. WIN! :D
EXACTLY....it's all about protein first and bites of the other stuff. Dressing is one of my favorites about Thanksgiving)

Stopping to check in. This is not a weigh week for me, but wanted to mention a NSV that surprised me.
Got to see a lot of family over the last week - some i had not seen in over 35 years. We laughed and laughed and had a wonderful time!
NSV #1 - my cousin who I had not seen in 35 years actually recognized me - partly I believe because I was about the same size as I was the last time he saw my.
NSV #2 - Got my first "Don't get to skinny" comment - shit - far from it, but smaller than I have been in a long long time. The comment went in one ear and out the other because I am far from skinny but I enjoyed the comment as it passed thru.

Great work everyone - for this Thanksgiving week. I have also learned a lot about my new anatomy and how it responds to carbs and sugar. Can't say I care for it.

Last week 150. Sunday 148.5. Today 143.5. I couldn't take the swelling and took a diuretic yesterday.

Stopping to check in. This is not a weigh week for me, but wanted to mention a NSV that surprised me.
Got to see a lot of family over the last week - some i had not seen in over 35 years. We laughed and laughed and had a wonderful time!
NSV #1 - my cousin who I had not seen in 35 years actually recognized me - partly I believe because I was about the same size as I was the last time he saw my.
NSV #2 - Got my first "Don't get to skinny" comment - shit - far from it, but smaller than I have been in a long long time. The comment went in one ear and out the other because I am far from skinny but I enjoyed the comment as it passed thru.

Great work everyone - for this Thanksgiving week. I have also learned a lot about my new anatomy and how it responds to carbs and sugar. Can't say I care for it.

Great NSV's!

Each of us responds differently to carbs. I did limit mine but there wasnt any of the options that would bloat me with just a couple of bites.

Last week 150. Sunday 148.5. Today 143.5. I couldn't take the swelling and took a diuretic yesterday.

Glad it's going down but BE CAREFUL.

Hanging pretty steady around 175 mark.

Had my Small bowel follow through this morning. The prep last night sucked and my gut has hurt all day with a ton of gas. Had to pretty much chug 20 oz of barium in 10 minutes for this test.

Dr k looked at my CT today and said he didn't think they used oral contrast, but I told them I drank two bottles of barium. In any case he wants to see the follow through study as he said the CT enterography definitely shows I am very backed up or have a partial obstruction....so hopefully the hospital gets the disc to him by end of week.

Naturally this already has be thinking that if I need surgery to fix a partial obstruction is this something I can trust a local surgeon with or do I need to go to Dr K to make sure it is done correctly? Oh well, one step at a time. Need a definitive diagnosis and then figure things out from there.

Good job ladies and glad to see you had good tdays... And saw that eating some good old carbs is no big deal. Moderation is key and every now and then flup it and splurge.

LW: 193
TW: 194

Oh yeah, I gained a pound over Thanksgiving. It's ok, I'm dealing with it and am back on track with carbs. Plus, Thanksgiving was heavenly. Have a great week everyone!

Hanging pretty steady around 175 mark.

Had my Small bowel follow through this morning. The prep last night sucked and my gut has hurt all day with a ton of gas. Had to pretty much chug 20 oz of barium in 10 minutes for this test.

Dr k looked at my CT today and said he didn't think they used oral contrast, but I told them I drank two bottles of barium. In any case he wants to see the follow through study as he said the CT enterography definitely shows I am very backed up or have a partial obstruction....so hopefully the hospital gets the disc to him by end of week.

Naturally this already has be thinking that if I need surgery to fix a partial obstruction is this something I can trust a local surgeon with or do I need to go to Dr K to make sure it is done correctly? Oh well, one step at a time. Need a definitive diagnosis and then figure things out from there.

Good job ladies and glad to see you had good tdays... And saw that eating some good old carbs is no big deal. Moderation is key and every now and then flup it and splurge.
((((((((Scott))))))))), at least you stayed steady this week.
LW: 193
TW: 194

Oh yeah, I gained a pound over Thanksgiving. It's ok, I'm dealing with it and am back on track with carbs. Plus, Thanksgiving was heavenly. Have a great week everyone!
You are hanging in there, @Pacifica. Enjoying Thanksgiving is needed.

Latest posts

Back