It’s been 12 years and I almost forgot.

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Posted on FB about 11:30 last night, but it almost slipped up on me.

It JUST occurred to me…today (1/24/2011) is my surgiversary. I’m 12 years out.

And yes, I would do it again in a heartbeat. The issues I’m dealing with predated the DS. Unfortunately it didn’t resolve my diabetes although it did get me off the insulin pump. Fat but fit is not a reality. You pay for that. I was fine for decades, until I wasn’t. Now, even at a normal BMI, my body is paying for my idiotic lifestyle.

The cool thing is that since we moved into a new area, none of my doctors knew me as overweight. So I get listened to. They don’t tell me “well, if you’d just lose weight”. A few have even called me tiny.

I’m still dealing with body dysmorphia when buying clothes. I picked up some new pjs a few weeks back, size medium, should have gotten a small. But in the store, I didn’t think a small was the right size.

I found a really old photo of me, around 2002/3 at my heaviest, I think I weighed 250 ish but that wasn’t what I weighed when I started my DS journey. And yes, I still wore sleeveless even then. The other photo was about a year ago at 127 and only 3 lbs heavier than I was on Sunday when I do my weekly weigh in.

Latest posts

Back