Sunday Weigh In (11/23/2014)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 135
This week 136

Not bad...I am eating a bit more but still softer stuff. Crunchy is not yet back in my "vocabulary" for food. LOL

Hi Liz,
Great job keeping the weight under 140. Bummer about the soft foods...hopefully it will not spoil your thanks giving. Maybe deviled ham?

We are going to my sisters in WA bringing the pups on the plane. Pete is a seasoned traveler but this is Mitzi's first plane ride. Hoping it's not to traumatic for her.

LW:118
TW: 119

Happy TDay all

LW 122
TW 120

Still battling cold/flu. I did get a flu shot and rarely get sick so this double sucks. Face hurts, chest hurts, head hurts, cough is still lurking in my lungs, but when it does start I can't seem to catch my breath. All in all I hate this.
The positive side is, no fever and appetite is good. Being a baby....

Good job, Liz and hope you get back onto some texture!
Have a great trip, Whit!

Thanks for the tip, Whit! I have plenty of Tabasco, but am sending the troops out for some tequila..... Willing to give it a try at this point. :surprise0785:

I was 178 this morning and last week I was in the ER then the hospital at this time so not sure exactly what I weighed then. I do know I was pumped full of fluids in the hospital for 5 days (went in the thursday before, released on Saturday and then right back in dizzy as hell and ready to pass out with extremely low HR the next day) so my weight went up a bit. That being said I had been bouncing from 172-176 the previous month before so I think I may have gained a couple pounds since starting the Creon.

BTW, I absolutely love soups. Especially the non creamy broth types (chicken/beef/veggie stocks) with lots of veggies and meat. I also really like Chili that has a lot of tomato juice

Hi Liz,
Great job keeping the weight under 140. Bummer about the soft foods...hopefully it will not spoil your thanks giving. Maybe deviled ham?

We are going to my sisters in WA bringing the pups on the plane. Pete is a seasoned traveler but this is Mitzi's first plane ride. Hoping it's not to traumatic for her.

LW:118
TW: 119

Happy TDay all
Staying in place pretty much, that is awesome
Since ham is on my menu and ham is easy to cut with a FORK, it works! The only crunchy in my menu are the fried onion ring topping on the green bean casserole. :)

LW 122
TW 120

Still battling cold/flu. I did get a flu shot and rarely get sick so this double sucks. Face hurts, chest hurts, head hurts, cough is still lurking in my lungs, but when it does start I can't seem to catch my breath. All in all I hate this.
The positive side is, no fever and appetite is good. Being a baby....

Good job, Liz and hope you get back onto some texture!
Have a great trip, Whit!
Good for you, Pam...I hate that you are still sick. plays havoc with the appetite.

Down 2, excited for turkey day!
Good for you! And I think we all are excited...get to have the turkey skin and all that GOOD fat!

I was 178 this morning and last week I was in the ER then the hospital at this time so not sure exactly what I weighed then. I do know I was pumped full of fluids in the hospital for 5 days (went in the thursday before, released on Saturday and then right back in dizzy as hell and ready to pass out with extremely low HR the next day) so my weight went up a bit. That being said I had been bouncing from 172-176 the previous month before so I think I may have gained a couple pounds since starting the Creon.
Gaining a few when that is what you want to do is great. Glad you are out of the hospital.

BTW, I absolutely love soups. Especially the non creamy broth types (chicken/beef/veggie stocks) with lots of veggies and meat. I also really like Chili that has a lot of tomato juice
I LOVE soups too...but not as fond of chili as my dh is...he adores chili. I don't use tomato juice in my chili...I use the juice off canned tomatoes and the liquid from the red kidney beans mostly.

Staying in place pretty much, that is awesome
Since ham is on my menu and ham is easy to cut with a FORK, it works! The only crunchy in my menu are the fried onion ring topping on the green bean casserole. :)

Good for you, Pam...I hate that you are still sick. plays havoc with the appetite.

Good for you! And I think we all are excited...get to have the turkey skin and all that GOOD fat!

Gaining a few when that is what you want to do is great. Glad you are out of the hospital.
Thanks Liz ..hopefully we are getting a handle on the malnutrition. I kick myself for not pushing on this earlier and harder with my Doc (I knew better but kept listening to the "don't wreck your DS crowd by slowing down your weight loss too early" crowd). Just dumb on my part.

Even now when I look down at the scale and see it go up, even though that is what I want, I get that momentary "oh shit I gained weight" moment. Craziness. I am anxious to see what my TP and Albumin numbers are doing(Heme said to have GP check labs including zinc, copper, CBC & CMP every 30 days). . My GI says with the creon it will take a good while to come up but the weight seems to be a good indicator. I am still pushing for TPN as I want to feel good quickly and get back into a safe area.

I LOVE soups too...but not as fond of chili as my dh is...he adores chili. I don't use tomato juice in my chili...I use the juice off canned tomatoes and the liquid from the red kidney beans mostly.
Yeah, I like a runnier version of chili than most and I am weird because I eat spoonfuls of peanut butter with my chili.

Scott, I completely understand the "Oh shit I've gained"...my lowest was 121 for 10 seconds. But now I am staying fairly stable.
Yep, I think it is because I am only 14 months out and I have the idea of the rebound of 20 pounds or so at a couple years or so out, stuck in the back of my head....so I guess subconsciously I think if I gain now I will gain more then...but then I remind myself that I said going into this endeavor that if I got to 220 and maintained I would be ecstatic. On top of that I know that I am not healthy with my current levels so I need to gain a little (I am a bone bag with my ribs sticking out and my big knot on bottom of sternum plate...my wife says it hurts when I hug her). Just my silly head messing with me.

Last week 172.4
This week 172.6

Damn, no loss this week. Up 0.2 of a pound. I am taking a course of Prednisone right now so, that may be part of the no loss. Steroids can cause weight gain. I only have two more days till I am finished so we will see if there is some fluid retention.

Latest posts

Back