Sunday Weigh In (11/22/2015)

Thanks Scott and @Charris. It is so hard to watch our kids deal with addiction, but I will do what needs to be done to provide a safe haven for my grandkids, and if that is without their mom, so be it. They have been through enough and I am amazed at what wonderful people they are. Hoping it doesn't come to that. I'm old, want to retire after next year and relax!
So sorry Pam. You are a such a good woman, Mother and Grandma. I hope your daughter can get it together for the kids and herself, but also for you. You deserve to be able to retire and enjoy yourself.

was traveling and did not get to post. Still currently in the weigh once a month mode.

NSV: Saw family I had not seen in 35 years this weekend and they recognized me! loved it. Able to shop at the Ikea for over an hour without the legs going to sleep or the back kinking up. This is a big damn deal for me. The day before the Ikea spent at least an hour at Walmart. Did not suffer any residual effects from all the walking 2 days in a row.

LW 127
TW 127

Was on such a high seeing my son get married, then returned home to see my son-in-law walk out on his family. Since my daughter and 4 grandkids all live with me, I am saddened on many levels. Kids don't seem too upset, but daughter is a former addict and I am nervous about how she deals with this. I made it clear that if she wants to live here, there will be absolutely no alcohol or drugs and she agreed.
Saw 126 during the week. Dealing with life stresses and making excuses for not getting to the gym. For me, losing weight is a result of losing muscle mass and I have committed to returning back to my weight training on Monday. Need to feel strong and empowered!!!!!

I hope your daughter is able to stay sober. Is she working a program? You are in my thoughts!

Funny thing it is not real bad like it is when my protein is low but it's very uncomfortable. I'm gonna have to keep my feet wrapped and up as much as possible.

I don't swell as much as I did pre-op. I swell sometimes, especially when I fly. I absolutely hate it, it is so uncomfortable! Make sure you are eating clean and have some coffee or tea. Hopefully it will flush you out.

Sorry that your ladies are experiencing edema. I have no history with this so I guess I am lucky. Good luck getting it controlled.

YOu
@DSRIGGS I don't know how you haven't having been malnourished. But your protein wasn't low cause you get edema in legs from low protein.
@Charris What?? Why in the world do you think I had a revision to increase my absorption of nutrients???

I had very low total protein and albumin. Why do you think I was taking 400,000 IU of CREON daily to keep just below or at minimum of range for both values.

Edema CAN BE A SYMPTOM of Low Protein but not everyone with low protein shows that symptom.

YOu

@Charris What?? Why in the world do you think I had a revision to increase my absorption of nutrients???

I had very low total protein and albumin. Why do you think I was taking 400,000 IU of CREON daily to keep just below or at minimum of range for both values.

Edema CAN BE A SYMPTOM of Low Protein but not everyone with low protein shows that symptom.

@DSRIGGS I must have misunderstood what you said when you posted your Labs it was at 5 something and 6 is normal. I was at 1.

@DSRIGGS I must have misunderstood what you said when you posted your Labs it was at 5 something and 6 is normal. I was at 1.
Those were my current numbers that I posted the other day. My total protein is fine now without any CREEON at just below range. When I had to go on 400,00 IU of CREON daily my total protein was low 4's and albumin low 2's.....my resting heart rate was 35 and BP was 75/40 so I spent a week in the hospital being evaluated for a heart condition before they figured out is was malnutrition. I can't imagine one being alive with Total Protein at 1 so dang. My heart would have stopped beating and blood pumping long before I got to that point.

was traveling and did not get to post. Still currently in the weigh once a month mode.

NSV: Saw family I had not seen in 35 years this weekend and they recognized me! loved it. Able to shop at the Ikea for over an hour without the legs going to sleep or the back kinking up. This is a big damn deal for me. The day before the Ikea spent at least an hour at Walmart. Did not suffer any residual effects from all the walking 2 days in a row.
LOVE the NSVs!!!!

Latest posts

Back