Sunday Weigh In (11/22/2015)

155 seems to be my new norm.
You are looking great. And if that is your new normal, that works.
LW 127
TW 127

Was on such a high seeing my son get married, then returned home to see my son-in-law walk out on his family. Since my daughter and 4 grandkids all live with me, I am saddened on many levels. Kids don't seem too upset, but daughter is a former addict and I am nervous about how she deals with this. I made it clear that if she wants to live here, there will be absolutely no alcohol or drugs and she agreed.
Saw 126 during the week. Dealing with life stresses and making excuses for not getting to the gym. For me, losing weight is a result of losing muscle mass and I have committed to returning back to my weight training on Monday. Need to feel strong and empowered!!!!!
I am sorry for your daughter and your grand kids. That is a BIG stressor on you. Take care of you first, grandkids second (because they are not adults yet) and then your daughter.
I was so excited to have an Atkins protein shake this morning but was shocked at how filling it was. It took me from 8:30 am until 2 pm to finish 11 oz. And this at the expense of plain fluids and other (better quality) protein. Really, I thought I'd have 3 tubs of yogurt and two Atkins shakes today until I had this reality check on sleeve constriction. Hahaha. Back to clears for the rest of the day.

It is a mind game...and unless you really like the taste of the Atkins, I would find a better protein shake.

You will get there. Doing good so far, just keep pushing the fluids.

SW 355
LW 244
TW 242

I was traveling for 12 days and monthly visitor arrived today. I feel like a million bucks for not gaining and actually losing !! 2 pounds is 2 more towards my goal!!!

I hadn't planned on weighing myself but I spent the night at my sisters house and she had a scale just sitting there in the bathroom. Before I knew it I had hopped on it.

10/22: 244 ( surgery date, the last time I had weighed)
11/22: 202

I hadn't planned on weighing myself but I spent the night at my sisters house and she had a scale just sitting there in the bathroom. Before I knew it I had hopped on it.

10/22: 244 ( surgery date, the last time I had weighed)
11/22: 202
Doing great and ALMOST to Onederland!

You are looking great. And if that is your new normal, that works.

I am sorry for your daughter and your grand kids. That is a BIG stressor on you. Take care of you first, grandkids second (because they are not adults yet) and then your daughter.

It is a mind game...and unless you really like the taste of the Atkins, I would find a better protein shake.

You will get there. Doing good so far, just keep pushing the fluids.

Thank you!

Here we go again... I think my scale is trolling me ;)

LW: 248
TW: 248

I've dropped more inches though and I am able to wear some clothing that I outgrew long ago. And I'm giving the evil eye to the "tents" in my closet... I'm about ready to purge the really big clothing because TBH I can't stand looking at it anymore. Pretty soon I'm going to have to dig out my old outfits that I just couldn't part with when I got too big for them - there's some really nice stuff waiting for me. Can't wait! :)

SW 227
LW 136
CW 140

Well here we go up the scale again. Last week i was 136. Yesterday I was 137.55 and today I'm 140. My feet are swollen I hope it's just from swelling. I can't take my diuretics because my blood pressure has been running low. Guess I have to get my good old ace bandages out and wrap my feet.

Is it possible to eat enough calories to gain 4 pounds in a week?

LW 127
TW 127

Was on such a high seeing my son get married, then returned home to see my son-in-law walk out on his family. Since my daughter and 4 grandkids all live with me, I am saddened on many levels. Kids don't seem too upset, but daughter is a former addict and I am nervous about how she deals with this. I made it clear that if she wants to live here, there will be absolutely no alcohol or drugs and she agreed.
Saw 126 during the week. Dealing with life stresses and making excuses for not getting to the gym. For me, losing weight is a result of losing muscle mass and I have committed to returning back to my weight training on Monday. Need to feel strong and empowered!!!!!
Pam I am so sorry about all of that. Having an addict live with you is difficult and even more so when there are children involved.

My oldest has addiction issues that seem to be somewhat under control now but I am not 100% convinced. He still thinks he can socially drink on occasion (he didn't drink often but when did he drank to win) and obviously we disagree. He also has issues with pain control due to chronic conditions and we seem to be working through, but we still control his meds because I don't trust that he won't take 3 or 4 instead of the one that is prescribed. I hate narcotics and would much rather see him in medical marijuana if he has to take something.

In any case, best of luck to you and your daughter. I know the gym is therapy for you so i hope you get back at it soon.

@Bagaof4 and @DSRIGGS it's funny how many of us,are suffering in silence with children having addictions. When mom died 10/13, aunt pass 8/14 then me almost dying 8 days later my son lost it. He has severe scoliosis 3 major curves he began abusing opioids. So many days while I was in hospital he called and decided suicide was the way to end his pain. He was almost successful his sophomore year. He's the type if he messes up well I'm in trouble may as well go for broke. He totaled my car that was less than 6 months old not even 5000 miles on it. I have him in treatment now. It's hard but hang in there.

@Bagaof4 and @DSRIGGS it's funny how many of us,are suffering in silence with children having addictions. When mom died 10/13, aunt pass 8/14 then me almost dying 8 days later my son lost it. He has severe scoliosis 3 major curves he began abusing opioids. So many days while I was in hospital he called and decided suicide was the way to end his pain. He was almost successful his sophomore year. He's the type if he messes up well I'm in trouble may as well go for broke. He totaled my car that was less than 6 months old not even 5000 miles on it. I have him in treatment now. It's hard but hang in there.
@Charris sorry to hear about your struggles as well. Depression/mental issues that often lead to addiction are a much bigger problem in our society than anyone wants to admit. Cameron was in a dual diagnosis program in LA earlier this year and it did some good, but he is not 100% out of the woods. His chronic pain is a big part of his opiod needs. We had him down to nothing recently as he had been getting pain management injection for his bag and stomach, along with a nerve burn. The injections worked but the burn did not. Just last week he was started on Nucynta (tapentadol) ER and it is working well and is supposedly not habit forming and not easily abused (supposedly from what I have read there is an additive that if you try to snort makes your nasal cavity feel like you were pepper sprayed). He says it is helping. We are also looking at a spinal cord stimulator at a trial as well.

I want to knock out his pain issues if possible and hopefully then get him to focus on the behavioral side....now the pain management clouds his thinking. He has to accept his issues fully and hit them head on. We have been through a very trying year as he was suicidal and self harming, so he has been in and out of worthless short term mental institutions for the last 18 months. We appear to be beyond that but he still battles depression and seems to be treatment resistant, so it is a constant battle.

The bottom line is he has to figure out a way to help himself and cope...he did take online classes this fall and is registered for classes on campus in the spring so this is hopeful. Most of his friends but a few who are away at school have abandoned him (tells you what kind of friends they are) so getting back on campus where he can develop a new social network is extremely important. We really want to relocate to a larger area, preferably warm, so we can alla get a fresh start.

Anyway, good luck to your boy and thanks

I've done everything Cameron has done. They have done Burns, injections, the whole 9. I went from Oxytocin to Nuycenta. It really worked because it's works well for nerve damage so it controls my fibromyalgia. But the ER was only working like 8 hrs and what they were giving me for break through pain was not sufficient so I changed dr. Now I'm on the Fentanyl patch plus oxycodone for break through. Chronic pain sucks butt. I was supposed to get the machine thingy in my back when it was new but chickened out. I know several who have it and say it's a God sent.

Last edited:
Here we go again... I think my scale is trolling me ;)

LW: 248
TW: 248

I've dropped more inches though and I am able to wear some clothing that I outgrew long ago. And I'm giving the evil eye to the "tents" in my closet... I'm about ready to purge the really big clothing because TBH I can't stand looking at it anymore. Pretty soon I'm going to have to dig out my old outfits that I just couldn't part with when I got too big for them - there's some really nice stuff waiting for me. Can't wait! :)
That is a much better way to see how you are doing...how your clothes fit. And enjoy the "old" outfits while you can...I had a Christmas sweater that got too little pre-op and then before I EVER had a chance to wear it after surgery, I was swimming in it.

SW 227
LW 136
CW 140

Well here we go up the scale again. Last week i was 136. Yesterday I was 137.55 and today I'm 140. My feet are swollen I hope it's just from swelling. I can't take my diuretics because my blood pressure has been running low. Guess I have to get my good old ace bandages out and wrap my feet.

Possible, maybe, probable, NO esp since you have a small sleeve and not a normal size stomach.

You need to find a way to handle the edema.

SW 227
LW 136
CW 140

I can gain 4 pounds in a day, it is probably just fluid. Don't panic!

Thanks Scott and @Charris. It is so hard to watch our kids deal with addiction, but I will do what needs to be done to provide a safe haven for my grandkids, and if that is without their mom, so be it. They have been through enough and I am amazed at what wonderful people they are. Hoping it doesn't come to that. I'm old, want to retire after next year and relax!

Latest posts

Back