Soft Food Diet

SJB41976

First off.... Yiiiipppppeeeeeeee!!!! Real food!

Ok, real question now. I had my sleeve 6 years ago. I am now on soft foods and I am wondering how slow I should eat since my stomach is healed and nothing was done to it.

I started out very, very slowly with small bites. Last night I got to eat a veggie burger and some avocado. I ate slow but not super slow. still chewed a lot.

Today, I am eating a wonderful cheese omelet and more avocado and while I am eating it slowly and chewing, it's a pretty regular pace. I leave food on my plate each time, since I am just starting out.

Everything has gone down fine and I have had no tummy upset. How much longer before I don't have to "think" before I "bite and chew"...

TIA!!!!!

A veggie burger is pretty high in grains, right? That would have killed me early out but, I am not a revision or two parter. My lower intestines were sore and gripy for quite a while post op. Just take things slow and see how things move through you.

I didn't even look at the carb content or what it's made of. I have had no adverse effects from anything I have eaten yet.

oh, and veggie burgers are on my list of soft foods. Boca or Morning Star is what is listed....that's why I didn't look at any nutrition info or ingredients....

I looked on MFP and a Boca protein burger is only 5 grams of carbs. They must be mostly soy. As long as they don't bother you, I would just enjoy the real food. That is if you call a fake burger, real food. Lol.

I'm finding that as a 2-stepper revision there has been minimal issues with almost any kind of food....actually a bit surprised by this....I would give different things a try and see how you react to them....

oh, and veggie burgers are on my list of soft foods. Boca or Morning Star is what is listed....that's why I didn't look at any nutrition info or ingredients....
JUST because it's on your list doesn't mean squat...you got the RNY list not the DS cause Boyce's office does the same damned list for everyone.

Soooo.....should I just start trying real food. What did you all start with....?????

Soooo.....should I just start trying real food. What did you all start with....?????
What you need to do is stay the hell away from pretend protein like Boca burgers.

My first hamburger was homemade, and I had a bit of applesauce to moisten it...a 4 oz burger lasted me 4 meals. But there are so many other options.

Whatever you do, go slow...if something bothers you, go back a step for a day and then try something else. IF you can tolerate a scrambled egg with cheese, that's a good soft food. Tuna with LOTS of mayo, chicken (cut up) and mixed with lots of mayo.

Unlike a virgin DS'er, your sleeve is mature but you still need to be careful and not push too fast. Your guts are still healing.

And while I'm asking, is there an actual DS list of food stages? My list says I am supposed to avoid fruits and veggies too for now...is that an RNY thing.

Thanks!!!

My list says I am supposed to avoid fruits and veggies too for now...is that an RNY thing.
No fruits...too much natural sugar. Wait til you've lost a good majority of your weight.
Veggies...stick to the low carb (6 carbs or less per serving) but watch those early on...they can bite you in the butt. Try them carefully and no more than one type per day.

Latest posts

Back